HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMBurrr

bigger gas tank on yz450f

13 posts in this topic

Anyone recognise this tank? seller says he's not sure of the capacity, but that it holds fuel in the bump outs for the shrouds. It's pretty cheap, but want to be sure it's not stock.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Edited by RMBurrr

I compared some pics from other tanks and have concluded that this is a  2008 WR450 tank. 

I think it is 2.3 gallons, and will fit a 2008 yz450f using the WR shrouds.

Is this a common swap out?

Can't tell , just get the IMS 3.2

I think you're right!

Does the IMS have the best fit out of the 3 aftermarket tank choices? 

Edited by RMBurrr

Can you tell if it is stock WR or YZ?

It looks exactly like the stock tank off my '06 YZ

It looks exactly like the stock tank off my '06 YZ

The guy selling it on ebay seems to think it holds extra fuel in the shrouds, but I'm not convinced.

Pretty much, it's not perfect but none of them are.

The initial install with an IMS tank is a beotch, once the tank and shrouds are on for a while it gets better.  A nice trick is to install the shroud bolt in the radiator first, then install the rest of them and/or replace the shroud bolt in the radiator with a stud (grayracer made a thread on this).

I have an acerbis 3.3 gal tank I'll sell if you're interested. It's the one that doesn't use shrouds, whole thing is a tank. Only prob is you would need two small brackets to mount to the rads, unless I can find them.

I have an acerbis 3.3 gal tank I'll sell if you're interested. It's the one that doesn't use shrouds, whole thing is a tank. Only prob is you would need two small brackets to mount to the rads, unless I can find them.

I'm interested, what are you asking for it? 

is it this one 07-11 ?

2140750147.jpg

brackets would be nice, but I'll check and see if acerbis sells them on the side.

I asked Acerbis, they gave a quick response to my email. Here's what they said:

Are you referring to the angle iron?  I only ask because we do not offer replacement mount kits for all of our tanks and we do not stock individual components of many mounting kits.  If it is just the angle iron you are looking for, I would recommend finding some heavy gauge metal and fabricating one up.  Ill have the guys down at the warehouse take a look no problem at all.  I just wanted to give you a heads up if nothing is found.

Edited by RMBurrr