HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DieselJoe

Help with clutch cable routing, did I get the wrong cable?

4 posts in this topic

Switching from a Magura hydraulic clutch to cable, so I don't know proper way to route it, it seems like my cable is too short because I it barely pull the clutch, not nearly enough for me to ride it, I'm thinking it might be because of how I have it routed but I don't know? Here are some pictures

t82sn8.jpg

Yes you did get the wrong cable.  Your bike appears to be an '03, or a very early '04, by the looks of the cable anchor point.   You need a 5TA-26335-00-00.  You probably bought a 5UL-26335-00-00 instead.   The 5TA is distinguished by the curved cable guide at the transmission end. 

If you have trouble finding one, you may be able to use a cable for an '05 WR450 (PN 5TJ-26335-80-00), as the are routed and anchored in a very similar manner.