Starting a '13 with a dead battery

Just wondering if my 13 wr 450f will start with the kicker if the battery is dead? Not dead like it isn't enough to turn it over I mean dead like I left the switch on or the battery is removed.

You need a battery installed and it cannot be completely flat. At least 11 volts or so and a good battery (meaning it woud take a charge).

It will start with no problems with the kickstart even if the battery is completely flat. Had this issue before on my 13'.

However, with the bike running for a while it will not be enough to charge the battery. You need to remove the battery and use a battery charger

Should be able to start with even without the batt

I was told that about two or three slow kicks charges a stator( or something like that) and then your ready to go

Haven't physically tried it myself

If the battery is dead (as in no battery) it will not start by kicking, because you an open circuit.

If you have any conductance at all (as in a battery that will not spin the starter), you can kick it.

I was able to start mine with a blown main fuse.  I think there's a couple circuits that go around the fuse though.

If the battery is dead (as in no battery) it will not start by kicking, because you an open circuit.

If you have any conductance at all (as in a battery that will not spin the starter), you can kick it.

The '12+ WR450s have a capacitor so that you can remove the battery completely and kick it, so it will start just fine with a dead battery or no battery at all.

The '12+ WR450s have a capacitor so that you can remove the battery completely and kick it, so it will start just fine with a dead battery or no battery at all.

Yes, the FI's can do that, you are right.

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick