Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kx1984

Reading GYTR power tuner

9 posts in this topic

I just got the tuner was looking to figure out the hours on the 2010 YZ and the 2014.

The books says the engine run time is displayed in MMM.SS

which I assume is Minute , minute, minute, second ,second.

2010 read like 184.23 and the 2014 read 12.11.

The numbers seem off as I am sure I have more than 184 minutes on the 2010 and 12 hours seems way overboard for total hours on the 2014.

What am I missing besides a brain?

Read it, run it for ten minutes, then re-read it.  See what the change is.

1 person likes this

I got my 2010 earlier this year.  The previous owner said he thought it had around 60 hours on it.  The bike was super clean, stock, and did not have much wear on it, so I believed him.  I finally got a power tuner and connected it up - bike was on the factory tune and showed to have 37 minutes and 19 seconds according to the tuner manual - mmm:ss.  I figured the ecu just starts over again once it hits the limit of three digits for the minutes elapsed time.  I reset the timer and was then curious if it was minutes or hours format.  I powered off the tuner, started the bike, let the tuner turn back on, then switched to the monitor, all while starting the timer on my watch.  I ran the bike for several minutes, then killed it and went back into the monitor to check the elapsed run time - it showed 000:10, and my stopwatch had ten minutes on it.  I'll test again but I think the tuner manual is wrong and it should be hhh:mm according to my test results.

Knowing this, my bike actually had 37 hours and 19 minutes on it, which given the lack of wear and tear, is totally believable.  I also have the factory Yamaha F.I. diagnostic tool and I verified before using my power tuner on the bike that the bike mapping had never been altered by the previous owner with another power tuner.

I got my 2010 earlier this year.  The previous owner said he thought it had around 60 hours on it.  The bike was super clean, stock, and did not have much wear on it, so I believed him.  I finally got a power tuner and connected it up - bike was on the factory tune and showed to have 37 minutes and 19 seconds according to the tuner manual - mmm:ss.  I figured the ecu just starts over again once it hits the limit of three digits for the minutes elapsed time.  I reset the timer and was then curious if it was minutes or hours format.  I powered off the tuner, started the bike, let the tuner turn back on, then switched to the monitor, all while starting the timer on my watch.  I ran the bike for several minutes, then killed it and went back into the monitor to check the elapsed run time - it showed 000:10, and my stopwatch had ten minutes on it.  I'll test again but I think the tuner manual is wrong and it should be hhh:mm according to my test results.

Knowing this, my bike actually had 37 hours and 19 minutes on it, which given the lack of wear and tear, is totally believable.  I also have the factory Yamaha F.I. diagnostic tool and I verified before using my power tuner on the bike that the bike mapping had never been altered by the previous owner with another power tuner.

he still could have had it cleared at some time, but as long as its a nice clean bike who cares

he still could have had it cleared at some time, but as long as its a nice clean bike who cares

will it give a date or time if it has been reset?