New Plated WR450

Figured I drop a line and say hello, 04 wr450, recently plated (wasn't to tough to do), about 150 DS miles so far and loving it!  Asphalt jumps are sweet!  Found a sick one, small 1 lane elevated bridge almost like a table top, haven't cleared it yet the gaurd rails are messing with me though gotta get the balls.   John  

20131113_145955.jpg

Edited by pavementsurfer

Jeeze not a single hello?

:excuseme:  Not sure why it's been so dead around here lately, but riding season is just around the corner. Welcome and nice bike!

I have an 06WR450 plated, bought it new and had it plated before the D/S kit was on it. If you are going to ride the streets much, be careful in the dirt, everything breaks off!

I have an 06WR450 plated, bought it new and had it plated before the D/S kit was on it. If you are going to ride the streets much, be careful in the dirt, everything breaks off!

I hear ya the mirrors fold away and the sinals are ministalks and flushmount so IF/WHEN I go down they should be fine.  What tires are you running?  I am running d606's at 30 psi for street longevity.  They are like slicks in the dirt.  I need to test them at 6-8 on the dirt to know what they can really do. 

All that sounds good, but Evey thing breaks. Hell, even my plate mount vibrated in two, fixed the mount, then the plate itself vibrated off!