HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sturgill_252

2007 YZ450f need help

2 posts in this topic

THis is my practice bike. I bought it off of a friend and he had it and he overheated it. the bike was low on antifreeze but was not completely out. i bought the bike put a new top end and timing chain in it and soon discovered that the exhaust cam had a slipped sprocket. I bought a used exhaust cam and installed it and within 7 kicks the bike cranked. I rode it for a day and then got it back out to ride again and it cranked i warmed it up then shut it off and went inside to get my gear on. I came outside cranked it and heard a grinding noise in the topend and it died. I cranked it again and heard the same thing and it died again. I tore the bike down and discovered that it had another bad exhaust cam. I have no idea on what could cause this? Maybe the cam saddles? is there a way to fix it? I need help

Check the clearance in the cam saddles as shown in the manual.  If there's a problem, EDCo or Millennium Technologies can redo the cam bores.