Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eighty

Question about US 2012-2014 wr450f

12 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My name is Assaf and I'm from Israel.

I'm considering importing a WR450f from the US and need a little help.

Over here, the bike comes with blinkers and a horn from the factory as it is road legal.

My question is, does the US model has the same wire harness without the road accessories plugged in or is it a different harness?

Thank you.

The WR450F comes road legal over there?  Lucky you.  We have to jump through flaming hoops to make them legal here, and some states just won't do it.  

The WR450F comes road legal over there?  Lucky you.  We have to jump through flaming hoops to make them legal here, and some states just won't do it.  

Are you sure we're lucky... guess how much it costs...

You can get a '13 here for $7000 USD, a '14 for $8200.  How much there? 

Around $23,000  :banghead:

Plus $1,500 mandatory insurance a year  :facepalm:

Anyway, to answer the OP's question:  The 2012+ WR450F does not come with a wiring harness that allows the addition of these components (blinkers, horn).

We buy, and install, an after market "kit" that includes the appropriate harnesses, switches, horn, and blinkers.  The kit is approx. $300.00

Edited by mebgardner

Anyway, to answer the OP's question:  The 2012+ WR450F does not come with a wiring harness that allows the addition of these components (blinkers, horn).

We buy, and install, an after market "kit" that includes the appropriate harnesses, switches, horn, and blinkers.  The kit is approx. $300.00

Thank you very much. not what I wanted to hear, but not a big deal.

Next:

Does the Headlight has a Hi\Lo beam?

And does the the taillight has a brake light?

P.S.

I did several searches but found a lot of details on the previous models and very little on the current one.

Thank you very much. not what I wanted to hear, but not a big deal.

Next:

Does the Headlight has a Hi\Lo beam?

And does the the taillight has a brake light?

P.S.

I did several searches but found a lot of details on the previous models and very little on the current one.

The headlight does, yes. The headlight harness does not, I'm 80% sure. (My baja designs kit came with a new headlight harness and hi/lo switch, but it used the existing bulb).

The taillight has no "brake light". It's a single set of LEDs. Always On. The kit replaces this, too, and adds a switch to the rear master cylinder banjo bolt.

The headlight does, yes. The headlight harness does not, I'm 80% sure. (My baja designs kit came with a new headlight harness and hi/lo switch, but it used the existing bulb).

The taillight has no "brake light". It's a single set of LEDs. Always On. The kit replaces this, too, and adds a switch to the rear master cylinder banjo bolt.

Thanks again.

What about the front brake?

Nope, no front brake switch.  You *could* add another banjo bolt switch to the front master cylinder and then wire it in parallel to the rear brake light switch.

I think most just run / foot tap the rear brake switch to signal "braking".

Nope, no front brake switch.  You *could* add another banjo bolt switch to the front master cylinder and then wire it in parallel to the rear brake light switch.

I think most just run / foot tap the rear brake switch to signal "braking".

Could do that, thanks.

Next:

How do I go about finding a good deal on left over '13 in a crate, and how much should I expect to pay for it (without taxes as I'm exporting it)?

I tryed contacting a few dealerships through cycletrader.com and got some good prices on the bikes but they then mentioned some made-up fees for set-up and such as high as $1,200 (I want it in the crate it came in... what set-up?).