HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cat0020

WR450F 2-trac Paris Dakar

15 posts in this topic

Those were awsome pics! My only question is when they offer them for sale, will they come with that huge light setup?

I'm afraid that the dual exhaust bike is a KTM 660 Rallye..

The Yamaha WR450F 2-trac has a single exhauts and maybe a fuel container on the other side..

I think that bashplate also hold water. The Dakar bikes are required to carry a certain amount of fuel and water on the bike before the start of each stage.

They are most certainly not dual sport machines.. I think their sole purpose is to travel long distance through rough terrain at high speed, just awsome.

I would be very interested with this Dakar setup. Looks like a true dual sport to compete with KTM, BMW. :)

Dual exhaust - sweet :D

Look at your last picture, definately dual exhaust. Compare this bike to the BMW F650GS Dakar and I believe it would compete very well.

JMHO :)

Those pumkin bike wannabees. There is a KTM conspiracy to mess with our minds :):D :D :D

HOLD MY ORDER :D :D :D

I was in a mental warp. New rules :) no KTM's on the Yamaha page.

To be honest I was hoping for a moment that Yamaha did have a dual exhaust. Now I need to make a mental note to remove the KTM from my wallpaper.

Speaking of wallpaper....Time for new screensaver 04 edition? Anyone to volunteer?

A Yamaha boy won the Dakar: Stephane Peterhansel

He is often considered as one of the most talented motorcycle rider of his time. He started as a skateboard champ in France....