Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WYO522

Big Bore Kit for 2010-13 YZ450's

7 posts in this topic

Looking for anyone who has run a big bore kit on thier 2010-13 450. Any issues? What, if any, changes needed to be made to the fuel/ignition mapping? ETC... I am looking at either the Athena 467 or 497 kits and just want some feedback before pulling the trigger. Any info would be much appriciated!

Decided against the big bore kit and purchased a GYTR Head and GYTR Hi Comp piston  :cool:

Edited by proclimber522

Unless your a A level rider or pro you will not benefit from a big bore kit on a 450. 450s make plenty of power. Look at gearing changes to customize your power delivery for your riding. Anyone else have any thoughts.

Maybe he doesn't race mx and just wants too hold it pinned through a field or up the side of a mountain what ever puts a smile on that's the point right. :)

Edited by Mtrain730
2 people like this

Unless your a A level rider or pro you will not benefit from a big bore kit on a 450. 450s make plenty of power. Look at gearing changes to customize your power delivery for your riding. Anyone else have any thoughts.

I am an A level rider. I am also a professional hillclimber. A stock 450 is vastly under powered in 450 ProMod, 0-600 and 0-700 pro classes. I didnt ask for your opinion on how powerful 450's are. Please keep them to yourself.

1 person likes this

I finally put the GYTR head and piston on! Mapped according to GYTR's recomendations and WOW! The bike kept most of its low end bark, which I like. It now revs out much higher. From mid range on up it pulls much harder. I am going to try a map that is some what a cross between the Jay Marmont map, and the GYTR. If anyone cares I will keep updated on how the bike preforms.