HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
highmark00700

05 Headlight upgrade

3 posts in this topic

Im looking into ugrading my 05 headlight to an 07+ or a 12+ style. I like the look of the 07 style a little better but like how big the light is on the 12. My bike is street legal so I would like whatever one would be brighter for the occasional night ride. I really want the blue mask/numberplate but the only color I can find for the 12 style is white from Yamaha. Does anyone make an aftermarket numberplate in blue for the 12+ light? The other thing is buying new from yamaha the 12+ light assembly is substancially cheaper from yamaha. I havent been able to find much for used in either style. Thanks in advance1

Highmark, I just upgraded my 04 to an 07 headlight. I found the best deal (with items in stock) was through rocky mtn atv in the oem section. I do not have any info for a 2012 light set up

Dizzle

Thanks dizzle

Ive been pricing them out there too. I'm not sure why the assembly is more for the 07 style $163 vs. $105 for the 12+ style. I might just deal with the white mask on the 12 style light and hope somebody eventually makes an aftermarket blue one since I do like the idea of the bigger light on the 12.