426 Complet Clutch on 400

• 4 months later...

Hi mate. Did you end up doing this? I was searching fir an answer for the same question so i can fit a rekluse to my 400.

Hi Rosedog, 

yes, it works.

You need to replace entire Clutch with the 426 model. Actuator, primary drive, hub, Friction/Drive Plates, pressure plate and springs.

If you need to install a Rekluse, only actuator, primary drive, Drive/Friction Plates are needed. Pressure plate and spring are not used.

If you find a Z-start pro is good enough. A core Exp is better.

Cheers mate. I brought a 2002 wr400 as a parts bike has a seized engine. Was just looking to see if the clutch was the same as 2002 426, but i think it is different. As far as i can tell it has 1 less plate and 1 less spring. So will continue to search i think. Thanks for your help.

Edited by rosedog

Cheers mate. I brought a 2002 wr400 as a parts bike has a seized engine. Was just looking to see if the clutch was the same as 2002 426, but i think it is different. As far as i can tell it has 1 less plate and 1 less spring. So will continue to search i think. Thanks for your help.

Yes The 400 has a clutch with 5 Springs directly derived from xt & tt series. The parts are completely swappable. If you are lucky you can find a Rekluse z.Start, the 1st version. It works great. I ran some Italian Rally Championship Races without problems.

The only advantages of the 426 clutch is that you can use more recent Rekluse Systems.