Any one use a TM Designworks skid plate

It's a T-bar.

I know this is WR 400/426/450 thread but I just put a TMD skid plate on my new Husaberg and it works great. It has already taken a real beating and has come out flawless. Nice to have such a quiet skit plate, unlike an aluminum one, that protects and has the extra feature of being slippery when gliding over obstacles when needed. I had an aluminum skid plate on my CRF450R and hated how the noise would translate up from it. I was constantly worried that my bike was about to grenade. 

It's a T-bar.

Yes it's a T-bar that goes through where the original bolts go through on the top. The new bolts now push the bar to the frame. I'm not sure if they wont get mushroomed on the end over time. It's made in par la vou France. Other than that it's very thick with very good side protection. Also much lighter than aluminum.

Yes it's a T-bar that goes through where the original bolts go through on the top. The new bolts now push the bar to the frame. I'm not sure if they wont get mushroomed on the end over time. It's made in par la vou France. Other than that it's very thick with very good side protection. Also much lighter than aluminum.

Hmmmm, so you utilize the current 2 "outer" holes to hold the T-Bar between the frame and motor. And then attach it with the inner 2 bolts. That seems like a lot of engineering to skirt just using the outer to holes like the stocker did. But then again, I'm not French :D

I would like to give it a try but I need someone to put it to my kind of "real world" test. Could someone please drop there's directly into a rock on the water pump side? I need to know if it will dissipate the impact and not explode the water pump. Yes, those kind of falls can and do happen :D

image.jpg

Edited by KennyMc

Hmmmm, so you utilize the current 2 "outer" holes to hold the T-Bar between the frame and motor. And then attach it with the inner 2 bolts. That seems like a lot of engineering to skirt just using the outer to holes like the stocker did. But then again, I'm not French :D

I would like to give it a try but I need someone to put it to my kind of "real world" test. Could someone please drop there's directly into a rock on the water pump side? I need to know if it will dissipate the impact and not explode the water pump. Yes, those kind of falls can and do happen :D

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Well the T-bar goes between the front pop-out mount for the skid plate. It doesn't go to the engine. Yes some Frenchmen engineering going on there.

It might work in a rock drop. But maybe not with a perfect rock and drop effort. I should get a better non backwards pic.. I think the good part might be the thickness and that it is made out of HDPE that's what cutting boards are made out of.

Well the T-bar goes between the front pop-out mount for the skid plate. It doesn't go to the engine. Yes some Frenchmen engineering going on there.

It might work in a rock drop. But maybe not with a perfect rock and drop effort. I should get a better non backwards pic.. I think the good part might be the thickness and that it is made out of HDPE that's what cutting boards are made out of.

On my last ride a friend had the TMD one and was surprised how pliable it was. I was just wondering any thoughts on how a pliable water pump protector would compare to an aluminum one.

I didn't break my water pump last weekend. I did bend the crapola outta my Unibikers radiator guards and the left radiator. So I'm am replacing the radiators with "oversized" ones and getting the Mohard guards.

image.jpg

Gonna take a chance on the Chinese radiators as these are $100 for what you see. I have replaced 1 side before and off a guy parting out a YZ450, paid $100 for a stocker, but again, for just 1 side and no hoses. I am taking a risk, one I usually don't do, we shall see...

image.jpg

On my last ride a friend had the TMD one and was surprised how pliable it was. I was just wondering any thoughts on how a pliable water pump protector would compare to an aluminum one.

I didn't break my water pump last weekend. I did bend the crapola outta my Unibikers radiator guards and the left radiator. So I'm am replacing the radiators with "oversized" ones and getting the Mohard guards.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Gonna take a chance on the Chinese radiators as these are $100 for what you see. I have replaced 1 side before and off a guy parting out a YZ450, paid $100 for a stocker, but again, for just 1 side and no hoses. I am taking a risk, one I usually don't do, we shall see...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

We just put a right Mishimoto $50. close out special on the boys bike. No lefts. It looks good.

Wow the first picture is a radiator guard. Gnarly looking. 

HDPE cutting boards are H.D. and the plate is thick enough. I think the idea is to spread out the impact upon contact. Just not sure if it will cover the whole water pump. It looks like Kools TMD skid plate might have a little more coverage.

So I think it could handle a direct hit to the water pump side. But the pipe couldn't.

Sk_zps9ace0970.jpg

sk2_zps475c07f2.jpg