HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
88motohead88

2006 yz450f clutch pressure plate screws

4 posts in this topic

Do you tighten the screws all the way and then torque them or torque them as you tighten them against the springs. Seems like they would fly loose if I dont but seems like way over 7-9 foot pounds to get the springs all the way in.

Do you tighten the screws all the way and then torque them or torque them as you tighten them against the springs. Seems like they would fly loose if I dont but seems like way over 7-9 foot pounds to get the springs all the way in.

Run them down snug but not tight, then torque them each twice. Don't exceed torque spec on bolts. If you do they will snap or strip.

Did you use blue loctite?

I haven't put it back together yet cause I didn't know. I snapped one and it wasn't close to being all the way in. Hopefully the springs fine. I do have some and I will definitely use it now that u said to. So the springs pressure on the bolt and loctite will hold it I see