HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhinoracin

DRD muffler packing

4 posts in this topic

I have the aluminum DrD exhaust and was wondering what I should use to repack it for the first time... the Moose Racing "pillow sleeve" packing, or the DRD "roll pillow" packing? I have used the Moose packing on my other bikes with different brand exhausts, and I know it works good. But is the DRD packing better for their exhaust?

Also, I've put about 37 hours on my YZ since I installed the DrD. I recently noticed light grey marks going down the bottom of the muffler that looks like a stain from something, but I cant get it off. Could it be burn marks from the packing deteriorating? The decals on the muffler are fine though.

Idk what to tell you other than don't use the fmf packing lol My packing blew out so i used that stuff and it was gone before the end of the first day. , sold the bike packingless

The moose pillow insert lasted quite a while.. well over 20 hours. But that was on 250s. Wouldnt the DRD packing be better? almost 40 hours and the bike isnt that much louder.

I have been running the spark arrestor if that makes a difference... does it?