HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mauwick

Crushed head pipe on 2006 WR 450

14 posts in this topic

When riding this last Saturday I hit a stump :thumbsdn: about 4" in Diameter and crushed my stock head pipe at the bend and bent it back and creased it where it connects to the slip on muffler.

My question is do any of you fellow WR riders have a stock head pipe for sale for a reasonable price? I live in Southern california and have been checking craigslist, but nothing avaliable with in driving distance. Checked Ebay and they want almost as much for a used stock header as FMF wants for a new header.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have one

Complete with heat shield

Dent free too.

As close to brand new as it gets

$100.00

North Los Angeles / Granada Hills

I also have a nearly new Lexx slip-on, and a stock OEM not-nearly-new slip-on.

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick

Go to Home Depot and buy two 1.5 inch OATEY #33400 plumbing caps.  Take your pipe off the bike. Fill the pipe up with water. Plug both ends and place the pipe in your freezer.  Make sure the plugs are tight using the wing nut. Wait overnight and Walla your dent in your pipe is gone. It may take more than one try, if the pipe is dented real bad, but it does work. 

Edited by JVP

Found one in great condition for $50. But wouldn't mind having a spare for the right price of $50. Cool aid sick dude.

FYI, a YFZ450 pipe will fit and is a bit tougher.  It's stainless instead of titanium.  You might get more search results, and maybe cheaper, too.

FYI, a YFZ450 pipe will fit and is a bit tougher. It's stainless instead of titanium. You might get more search results, and maybe cheaper, too.

Thanks I will check it out.

Found a 04 yz450f header at the local bike shop for $60, it bolted right in. I am keeping the $50 WR pipe for a spare.

The ice treatment would have popped that dent right out.

If you're bored try it.

You don't need end caps just fill it with water in put it in the freezer.

That one will most likely take 2 trips to the freezer but beezer is correct no caps needed and will pop out good as new

It's spelled "Viola"....(french)

The freeze method won't put the slip end back into round, and it will leak......

Dude - get your facts right if you are going to criticise!  Viola is a musical instrument.  French spelling is voilà.

I hate the French. Walla is American. (May be Redneck, but still American....)