HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yz400f Jeff

Top end bog

2 posts in this topic

Well I went on my ride with a couple sleds today. Bike ran great, ice tires hooked up awesome in about 4" of slushy snow I was digging down to solid ice. My buddies said I was moving around 80-100km/h. But my bike started to die like it was out of gas up in the last 1/4 throttle. So I would down shift a gear or 2 and it would clear up, I'd cruise in 3rd fine. Then after a bit I would get back up into 5th and moving fast again. It would pull great all the way to full throttle, after afew mins of 3/4- full throttle riding it would all happen again bogging like it's out of gas and have to drop down a couple gears to clear it back up. Am I lean on my main or rich?I have a 185 main in for the cold weather. I run a 180 in the summer and it sometimes has a hic up in the top end I don't usually run it much in the top 1/4. Sound like bad gas? It's 91 octane just got it today so it's not old. Im not sure what to do, was thinking of trying a 190 main but not sure if it would be to rich or not. Needle was on 3rd setting for summer and didn't pull hard enough in cold weather so I moved the clip down 1 and pulls good now. Just that top end problem.

I don't know why I said the bike ran great. what I should of said is that the bike ran great till it started cutting in and out on the top.