01 wr426 jetting w/ GYRT insert suggestions

Decided to keep GYRT baffle in full time and would like some jetting suggestions...

01 wr426 YZF timing, BK mod, grey wire, lid off, etc...What I have now is OBELN#3, 48 pilot, 168 main, 100 paj. seemed to run good with baffle in but now find out that I'm fouling plugs.

Thanks,

Bryce

You seem big on the PJ and MJ. A 42PJ and 160 or 162 MJ would be my guess. The E taper needle has a skinny (rich) tip and needs a MJ about 5 smaller than the stock D needle. Stock is 165. The big 48PJ is probably your plug fouler. You should also reduce PAJ to 75 with the smaller PJ.

I had the GYRT insert and even with a 42pj it wasn't clean off idle, I would think a 48 was way too big.

I had the GYRT insert and even with a 42pj it wasn't clean off idle, I would think a 48 was way too big.

I would agree. I just switched to the FMF Q, but ran all year with the GYRT insert. Before I switched to JD jetting I was running EMP needle with a 158MJ and 38PJ. My bike liked the small PJ with the E needles.

The only change I made to my jetting after installing the GYTR insert was a leaner needle. I had the stock '99 needle in before the insert and went to the next leaner needle at the same clip setting. The needles are listed in the manual and I got the next leaner one in the list.

Thanks Guys,

I'll probably go back towards stock jetting and keep the obeln needle on #3 for starters

Cheers,

Bryce