HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kahuna

YZF Silencer on WR

13 posts in this topic

Will a YZF silencer fit on a WR?

Yes and no. The 450 exhaust will not fit the 400 or 426, but if you stick to the same year yes. 00-02 are all interchangable and the 03-04 are also.

Ditto on that. I run a YZ can on my '04 WR450. You do need the YZ rubber mounting hardware and a longer bolt though. Easy way to lose about 4 lbs.

I know from a previous post you are looking for the 426 and I also know that another guy on this forum called "Sylvain" changed his stock WR silencer for the YZ426f silencer and he was very happy with it. Guys will correct me if I am wrong but I think that 01 and 02 WR/YZ frames are exactly the same so there should be no problem

To make it a little more custom add, the YZF sub frame, you will not be disappointed :)

Math is right about me being happy with a stock YZ pipe on my WR. Performance and weight wise. But be careful with the throttle near houses. As long as you idle it near the housing you'll be fine but if you decide to use it on the road, :), it really barks too much for street use.

What would you guys expect to pay for a stock 03/04 YZF Silencer? I posted on the YZ side and one guy offered to sell me his old pipe for $100 I was hoping for more like $50.

What would you guys expect to pay for a stock 03/04 YZF Silencer? I posted on the YZ side and one guy offered to sell me his old pipe for $100 I was hoping for more like $50.

I picked up a used FMF PowercoreIV 2 with 2 caps (regular~loud~ and the quiet cap) for $100.

$50 is the going rate for a used YZF pipe.

Found this... looks pretty USED!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35595&item=2454002638

Hoss

FTD, the guy emailed me back and said that he will let it go for $50. But I will have to pay shipping from Ca. to Va. I have an 04 WR so I will need an 03 or 04 pipe. Thanks for the help.

I got a 98 YZF silencer to fit on my 03 WR450 and am really happy with the performance increase. I only use it at the track though because it is loud. I used this same pipe on my previous bike, 00 WR400. The pipe fit directly on to the 400, but had to be modified slightly to fit the 450. It does require a jetting change due to a slight lean condition.