2011 450 woods bike opinions

I have been thinking of buying a 10-13 for a woods bike as well. The injection erring throttle body mod would be a must. I like the new generation because you can go to 500 cc's. I got a 06 now with a 480 kit and that's as big as you can go.

I like the 10-13 YZ's because you don't have to worry about smashing your exhaust ever, or burning your kiddo's feet on it.  But after the nightmare of a time I've had trying to make my 06 a worthy woods bike, I'm strongly considering the WR for the next go-round.

I have a 06 wr as well and the suspension is great for the woods. But it's low on power and torque compared to the Yz. Even after all the free mods and aftermarket parts and a rebuild. It really needs a exhaust and especially Yz or hot cams. The problem is the Yz and hot cams for work with the e-start. I'd love the power but I won't get rid of the e-start.

Bike also feels very heavy and bulky as well. It would be a good bike for a trail cruise but not for offroad racing or fast riding I do think the bike would feel better with more power- say equal power to the Yz.

Coming from a woods yz295 2 stroke and a woods 06 yz450 I thought It would be perfect but I was disappointed.

You can mod the YZ cam to work with E-start, it's not that big of a job.

I love the power of my 06 but the suspension and handling suck, even after a revalve by a competent shop.  It's light years better than it was, but still not as good as it should be IMO.

I have a 06 wr as well and the suspension is great for the woods. But it's low on power and torque compared to the Yz. Even after all the free mods and aftermarket parts and a rebuild. It really needs a exhaust and especially Yz or hot cams. The problem is the Yz and hot cams for work with the e-start. I'd love the power but I won't get rid of the e-start.

Bike also feels very heavy and bulky as well. It would be a good bike for a trail cruise but not for offroad racing or fast riding I do think the bike would feel better with more power- say equal power to the Yz.

Coming from a woods yz295 2 stroke and a woods 06 yz450 I thought It would be perfect but I was disappointed.

I guess it depends on your riding style and preference, the MX bikes are typically quick turning and nimble with sharp throttle response. I find that much better in the woods than a more mild mannered bike. It doesn't make you faster or slower necessarily, it's just what you like.