GYTR vs FMF powercore 4

Getting ready for the racing season on the new WR (2013) and i'm deciding on which exhaust to purchase. At first i was looking at the GYTR, but i'm also open to others as well. 

My big thing is, what is the difference between the GYTR FMF pipe and the FMF powercore 4 (besides that of the sticker and price)? 

I'm also looking at the DR.D NS-4 and the Yoshimura RS-4. Anyone have experience or ideas on these?

Thank you,

Dan

how loud is the gytr / fmf powercore4?

Is the fmf powercore4 HEX any quieter?

RS-4 is heavy. I got one for my 12' and sent it back. 

I could not tell if it was suppose to slide in or onto the header pipe. It had the same diameter.

Went with the FMF Q-4 Hex. Like it alot.

whats the note on the Q4 hex like mate? 

Thanks for the info. I went with the PC 4. I couldn't see spending $320 on the same pipe that i got for $285 just for a GYTR sticker. Bike should be race ready now after buying the following

1. GYTR skid plate
  2. GYTR radiator braces
  3. ECU and throttle screw
  4. AIS removal
  5. probend bark busters
  6. a few Twin Air filters
  7. Decal works graphics (prettier bikes are faster)
  8. extra set of plastic
  9. PC 4 pipe

Don't think i'll need much more besides the usual wear parts. First real race on the new bike is Feb 23rd... gonna be a bit chilly.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I went with the PC 4. I couldn't see spending $320 on the same pipe that i got for $285 just for a GYTR sticker. Bike should be race ready now after buying the following

1. GYTR skid plate
  2. GYTR radiator braces
  3. ECU and throttle screw
  4. AIS removal
  5. probend bark busters
  6. a few Twin Air filters
  7. Decal works graphics (prettier bikes are faster)
  8. extra set of plastic
  9. PC 4 pipe

Don't think i'll need much more besides the usual wear parts. First real race on the new bike is Feb 23rd... gonna be a bit chilly.

#4 AIS removal? Theres no AIS on the 12-14's.

how loud is the gytr / fmf powercore4?

Is the fmf powercore4 HEX any quieter?

whats the note on the Q4 hex like mate?

I just recently put a Q4 on my bike. The exhaust note is definitely louder than the stock muffler with the GYTR insert, and you still get a nice crack when you blip the throttle, but it's not obnoxious at all. I wouldn't want this bike any louder (and I love exhaust noise). And taking with FMF, the only real difference between the Hex and the regular latest Q4 is the shape of the muffler case. Hexagonal (go figure) vs. standard oval shape. Internal baffling is the same.

I just recently put a Q4 on my bike. The exhaust note is definitely louder than the stock muffler with the GYTR insert, and you still get a nice crack when you blip the throttle, but it's not obnoxious at all. I wouldn't want this bike any louder (and I love exhaust noise). And taking with FMF, the only real difference between the Hex and the regular latest Q4 is the shape of the muffler case. Hexagonal (go figure) vs. standard oval shape. Internal baffling is the same.

cheers for the feedback mate.  might look at getting one.

i had a powercore4 on my old 05 wr450f, it sounded pretty awesome but was loudish lol

cheers for the feedback mate.  might look at getting one.

i had a powercore4 on my old 05 wr450f, it sounded pretty awesome but was loudish lol

I bought the PC4, but have yet to install it on my '13 WR450F.

I was surprised to see the "header insert end" of the pipe was not cut / relieved / notched to allow it to squeeze closed over the header when bolting it up.

It's a solid tube, and you have to supply your own pipe clamps because the OEM clamp will no longer fit??  WTF?

The FMF website says the enclosed instructions will tell you if the OEM clamp will not work. Mine do not. I'm not keen on using the screw-closed type of pipe clamp either, but I dont know what else to use.  It's annoying, and I'm disappointed with FMF for not doing this right.

No need for pipe clamp. FMF did it right.

Smear a little HT silicon on the adapter, slide it on the header, install silencer....all done.

Ditto x 2.

The pipes fit together perfectly and seal perfectly with a light skim coat of red or copper silicone. 

Who wants all the extra weight of an exhaust clamp anyway?