Stator power on 426?

So I got a Trail Tech computer and it requires power from either a battery or to the stator. Are you supposed to hook up the wires to the ones by the bars? Or should I try to put In a small battery?

Best not to draw any power from a YZF stator. They are built with only enough energy to run the ignition, and they have very little surplus power at all.

Best not to draw any power from a YZF stator. They are built with only enough energy to run the ignition, and they have very little surplus power at all.

Even after a shop put I'm a new stator? So should I go for a little 12v battery?

Unless it was set up with a stator the was rewound to run lights (most of which are quite unreliable), or converted to use a WR stator, yes, even if it's new. There just isn't anything left over.

On the other hand, the Trail Tech doesn't draw a great deal of current, and I think that some have managed to make it work off the stator. I don't have any details, though. It seems to me that the fact that the stator produces AC is another complication.

I think it will run off of a 9 volt, but you should contact Trail Tech about that or wait for input from others here.