HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmxchamp00

Stator power on 426?

4 posts in this topic

So I got a Trail Tech computer and it requires power from either a battery or to the stator. Are you supposed to hook up the wires to the ones by the bars? Or should I try to put In a small battery?

Best not to draw any power from a YZF stator. They are built with only enough energy to run the ignition, and they have very little surplus power at all.

1 person likes this

Best not to draw any power from a YZF stator. They are built with only enough energy to run the ignition, and they have very little surplus power at all.

Even after a shop put I'm a new stator? So should I go for a little 12v battery?

Unless it was set up with a stator the was rewound to run lights (most of which are quite unreliable), or converted to use a WR stator, yes, even if it's new. There just isn't anything left over.

On the other hand, the Trail Tech doesn't draw a great deal of current, and I think that some have managed to make it work off the stator. I don't have any details, though. It seems to me that the fact that the stator produces AC is another complication.

I think it will run off of a 9 volt, but you should contact Trail Tech about that or wait for input from others here.

1 person likes this