HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enduro426

01 wr426 leak

7 posts in this topic

alright so i have a 2001 wr426 and whenever i go for about a half hour to an hour ride, when i shut the bike off itll leak like a cream colored liquid from the oil drain bolt under the bike. is this normal after a ride? if not how could i fix this?

Cream colour liquid from oil drain bolt? Sounds like you have water in your oil stop running the bike and dump the oil then flush. Are you loosing radiator fluid quickly? If its water in your oil you need to work out how it got there, water pump shaft seal is a possibility so is a bunch of things, there Are no cream colour liquids in your bike you have a problem!

A leaking oil drain probably means the crush washer is missing.

Milky means water in the oil.

At the very least, you should check you water pump bearing and seal, and the head gasket.

Typically, a motor with these symptoms is ready for a complete rebuild (head, top end, possibly the crank) anyway.

Are you sure it isn't your crankcase breather? If it is that's normal

if its just that should I do it after every ride though?

No it's not. Condensation builds up over time and creates a milky colored oil in the vent tube, but that is a few cc's.

This has nothing to do with milky crank case oil!

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick

if its just that should I do it after every ride though?

yeppers, every single ride expect a good couple inches round spot of spooge.

How much are you leaking/seeing?

No it's not. Condensation builds up over time and creates a milky colored oil in the vent tube, but that is a few cc's.

This has nothing to do with milky crank case oil!

lol

the drain bolt and the crankcase breather tube end are near each other. The standard breather spooge could be blowing onto the drain plug - mine did.

If there isn't any 'milky' oil in the oil tank then what you are seeing is standard vent hose spooge IMO. If you have an oil/coolant mixing problem all your oil will be milky.

I would start with the simple things before you look at a full rebuild haha!