HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RandAybarra

Lost the brass washer on fuel screw -- '02 426

4 posts in this topic

Cleaning the carb and lost the brass washer from the pilot screw (pictured below between the spring and o-ring--but now missing). Any reason I can't use a small brass washer from the local hardware store? Thanks!

1390111639455.jpg

I don't see why not for what it's worth. Just get one the same size as the o-ring and I would think you would be good.

Good luck finding one at a hardware store I tried but the smallest they had was still too big. Ended up going to my local bike shop they usually have spares laying around. Got mine complimentary due to the business I've given them in the past but they are really cheap

Thanks guys.  Couldn't find a flat washer small enough, but I did find a small brass lock washer at Ace that fit perfectly.  Put it in the vice and flattened it out.  Seems to work fine.  Now, though, I've got gas pouring out of my overflow.  Must not have seated the needle valve properly, or my float isn't adjusted right.  Or both.