Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtyMan

Piston crown damage

9 posts in this topic

Something that the bike "ate".

That was my thought too. I know nothing about this bike bought it not running so everything is getting torn down. I mic everything on the cylinder and piston in spec so I was gonna file the high spots down and re-ring it any reason you can think against this?

dirtyman  after seeing your dual sport bike in the flash flood video (that we laughed so hard about) I,m tempted to say don't spend any more than you have to to get it running. it was priceless seeing the bike go under then the helmet cam go under then up and the claw hand grabbing at the bank- good one.

just a thought but if you buy only new rings they are pricey , piston and rings arnt all that much more than just rings then you know what you have.

dirtyman after seeing your dual sport bike in the flash flood video (that we laughed so hard about) I,m tempted to say don't spend any more than you have to to get it running. it was priceless seeing the bike go under then the helmet cam go under then up and the claw hand grabbing at the bank- good one.

just a thought but if you buy only new rings they are pricey , piston and rings arnt all that much more than just rings then you know what you have.

??? Not sure you have the right person you may want to re read that thread hahaha

And the piston is a billet pro circuit high compression unit that measures 100% in spec. It is not by any means a cheap piston.

oh yea but you know the footage?

Yea, pretty cool video dude is lucky to be alive hahaha

those dimples in the crown look minor to me

Agree, I'm just nervous I have never bought anything with no info like this. For all I know it was caught in flood waters hahaha