Wiseco or hot rods crank assembly?

Whats everyones opinion on which one I should use for my rebuild? Is one better than the other? Any personal experiences?

Thanks

The Wiseco crank is made in China, and they are usually not very well aligned out of the box. Balance issues come up, too.

Hot Rods cranks are made in Taiwan, and are a much better product, but new OEM is what I would use, even so.

The Wiseco crank is made in China, and they are usually not very well aligned out of the box. Balance issues come up, too.

Hot Rods cranks are made in Taiwan, and are a much better product, but new OEM is what I would use, even so.

Yeah, I definitely want it to last, I am pretty hard on my bikes, thanks.

I put a brand new wiseco crank in my KX250 and the thing ran so smooth,no vibrations,I was so happy until less than a year later of light use the big end went and took out my piston along with it.Put a new hotrods back in and used it till I sold it with no problems,I would never buy another wiseco crank.

Thanks.....now I know not to buy wiseco

grayracer513, on Today, 02:18 PM, said:

A buddy who races quads has a built '05 yfz450 that had a wiseco crank in it until the web cracked and exploded at full throttle destroying both cases and sending the counter balancer flying out the front of the motor. Edited by Yammer-Hammer

The Hot Rods connecting rod is manufactured in Iowa on some very state of the art machinery. In fact HotRods uses a special grinder that eliminates bend and twist mechanical adjustment. Also the heat treating is done in Iowa. I think you will find the new Hot Rods to be equivalent or slightly better than OEM. There will be a video coming soon that will show how the rods are manufactured. It is interesting.

I think you will find the new Hot Rods to be equivalent or slightly better than OEM.

Hot Rods is a good product, but I wouldn't go that far.

Hot rods it is.......thanks a lot fellas.

I would just send the OEM one to be rebuilt.

I would stay away from wiseco, less than 20 hrs in my YZ 125 and it split in half ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1390088084.400523.jpg Not racing just easy riding trails and some practice track. Replaced it with Hot Rods kit and pro x piston

I'll take option C for $295 from partszilla. When it comes to crankshafts cranks I say go oem its a good safe bet I will last.