HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SH2424

Advice on '06 Yamaha WR450F

11 posts in this topic

I found a used WR450f for sale. The owner wants $2600 for it. All of the graphics are gone and its just blue plastic. The bike has usual wear and tear, like scratches on the plastics, fenders, and front fork guards. He says it was a one owner bike. Is this a decent deal? I think 2600 seems a bit steep??? What is the reliability like on the 06 models? This one has the steel frame. Have you guys had good luck with these type of bikes as far as reliability goes? 

It's a Yamaha , reliability isn't a problem....we can't speak for the previous owner though! $2600 for an 06 wr, hmm...pretty market related really, but it may be a LIL high, thing is the YZ's come along a lot more often.  I don't see nearly as many wr's as the YZs, so the price may reflect that a lil.

Edited by J_WR2fitty
1 person likes this

I just bought a 2006 WR450F over the summer for $3000. Although it has all the graphics, a full yoshimura pipe and in really good condition. It has been a great bike. You can read up on them in the WR450F section here. They have a great reputation. You will have to pay more for them than a YZ because of the trail stuff that has been done to them. 

Edited by D-rek07

Don't sweat the graphics they're only on for a little bit anyway and you can buy kits cheap everywhere. Look at the more important things, Scratches on the shock tube, wear on the chain and sprockets. Check the oil for color, warm it up to operating temp and make sure it re-fires...quickly. Check wheels, brakes, rotors, action on the rear shock, sag in the rear. If it seems to be mechanically sound...offer him 2500 and ride the crap out of that thang. 

1 person likes this

It's a Yamaha , reliability isn't a problem....we can't speak for the previous owner though! $2600 for an 06 wr, hmm...pretty market related really, but it may be a LIL high, thing is the YZ's come along a LOT more often. I don't see the nearly as many wr's as the YZs, so the price may reflect that a lil.

Yeah , they are Reliable

My '06 has seen the Mountains of Montana, and is now living down in the Deserts of Baja. Those WR's can handle it all!!! Price seems decent.

I have my '06 for sale for $2200.  Been on sale since Christmas.  No bites yet.  It has a lot of aftermarket and in good shape, too.  Looks like I will be lucky to get $2000.  $2,600 would be a little high unless it is in pristine condition and very low miles.  Factor in the aftermarket stuff at 1/2 the retail value.

My 2006 has been very reliable.  The durability is amazing.   

I paid $2800 for my '06.  I bought it from a good friend.  The bike has been maintained very well, has a devinci pipe, and is street legal with a ds kit and title (which is rare in MN).  I paid extra because I trust him and know the history of the bike - i'd been trying to get him to sell for the past 3 years.