Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cole40

YZ426 problem

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys, my yz426f runs great now and is a blast but today out of nowhere the kill switch stopped working. Should I just replace or is there anything else i should check first

Be sure it's plugged in and that the connectors aren't dirty or corroded.  Otherwise, just replace it.

Do u guys know what plastic will fit a 98 yz426. I wna go all yellow and black and i cant find them for the 426

Theres no such thing as a '98 yz426f. The '98 was a yz400f

Do u guys know what plastic will fit a 98 yz426. I wna go all yellow and black and i cant find them for the 426

You just hijacked this thread.  Bad Internet manners.  When you have a completely separate thing to ask, please do so in a new thread.

There are several possibilities, but it's clear that the top end of your engine does not match the frame it's in.  You have a '98 frame, but the 426 was built between '00-'02.  It may even be that the bottom end is from a '98.  If you post a picture of the right side of the engine, I can tell you whether that's the case.

Aftermarket parts of any kind are becoming increasingly difficult to find for the '02 and earlier bikes.  Shop eBay for some.

missouri-man, on Today, 12:33 AM, said:

The jug says itsa 426 and fram vin 10th is a w i thot that ment it was a 98? What year would it be ? Guy i got it from said it was a 2002

The W indicates a 1998 model year. If the jug say 426 that means that someone has swapped a cylinder from a 426 and piston from a '03 450 onto the 400 bottom end. But looking at that photo i can tell that that case and bottom end is off a 426. So its a 1998 yz400f frame with a yz426f engine swapped in. Edited by Yammer-Hammer

The first photo is of my '98 yz400f right side case, and the second is of the right aide cover off my '02 yz426f. You can see the difference between the two were the oil feed line bolts up.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1389473718.918995.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1389473801.671993.jpg

Edited by Yammer-Hammer

missouri-man, on Today, 01:00 PM, said:

Alright thanks do u no what plastic will fit it

Welcome, and i dont know about yellow plastics because i was never able to find any. But i do know that UFO sells black plastics for the 400.

Here is the link to the UFO plastics

http://www.ufoplasti...del.php?brand=6

Edited by Yammer-Hammer

The valve cover says its 5 valves and the jug says its 426cc

The 400 had a 5 valve head aswell. you can put a 400 head on a 426 cylinder.. Post a pic of that oil feed line area i showed you and i can tell you for sure what motor you have