2014 wr450

Has anyone had the radiator gaits over the exhaust catch on fire from the glowing header? Last night I put a different tune on it last night(Aussie map) let it idle from cold maybe 2 minutes and turned it off. 10 seconds later the rad guard was in flames.

Has anyone had the radiator gaits over the exhaust catch on fire from the glowing header? Last night I put a different tune on it last night(Aussie map) let it idle from cold maybe 2 minutes and turned it off. 10 seconds later the rad guard was in flames.

I saw my header glowing way more with the Aussie map than the other maps. I immediately changed mine to the fmf map

Glad I did now!

Never thought about mapping having anything to do with this situation. My 2012 wr450 ' with the FMF mapping'  has had two fires at the header. The first time it was leaves or sticks that had collected in the header area. The second time I stopped in high brush when I noticed a small brush fire starting under the bike. I have also seen the header glow bright red at times.

Never thought about mapping having anything to do with this situation. My 2012 wr450 ' with the FMF mapping'  has had two fires at the header. The first time it was leaves or sticks that had collected in the header area. The second time I stopped in high brush when I noticed a small brush fire starting under the bike. I have also seen the header glow bright red at times.

Well I guess I might as well pack a lunch that I can cook over a fire! 

I may try adding +1 on the fuel at idle.

I think carbon monoxide.  My other bike has diagnostic mode built in to the speedometer.  There's a CO setting that you can raise or lower to change the fuel mix at idle.  The lowest power tuner setting is centered at 4000 rpm and 1/8 throttle.  The CO adjustment would effect the idle more directly.

Edited by funt
  • Like 1