HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rusty99

YZ wheels on a 2012 WR 450?

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I've got a 2012 WR 450 with factory wheels. I'm in process of making it street legal and want to have a set of street tires/wheels and also an offroad set.

I know  a guy who is parting out his 2006 YZ and considering buying his wheels. Will his wheels fit on my WR? What info do I need to gather from him on his wheels?

Cheers

The yz front rim doesn't have an application for your digital display/speedometer/odometer. The rear wheel on the YZ is a 19, the WR is an 18.  But the YZ wheels will work on the WR.

The yz front rim doesn't have an application for your digital display/speedometer/odometer. The rear wheel on the YZ is a 19, the WR is an 18.  But the YZ wheels will work on the WR.

So It sounds like I'm out of luck for a straight switch over. I was hoping they would be the same setup as the WR. I hear that to purchase a new set of wheels for a WR costs a small fortune. Anybody got a approximate cost for the entire wheel, spokes, hub and cogs front and back ?

You could get the yz wheels and the coin u save on a new set for the wr u could buy a trail vapor speedo or the GPS one and convert both wheel sets over to the magnet pick up for the speedo. Just a thought.

So It sounds like I'm out of luck for a straight switch over. I was hoping they would be the same setup as the WR. I hear that to purchase a new set of wheels for a WR costs a small fortune. Anybody got a approximate cost for the entire wheel , spokes, hub and cogs front and back ?

Found a set off a 2013 wr450 on ' zoomthe list.com'  for 400.00 with tires that were never used. Had to buy rotors and sprockets for another $120.00. buying new sprockets was no big deal because I changed gearing for my street set anyway. Through word of mouth I scored a third set for my spikes. The front rim was off a yz so I lose my speedo. The rear rim was an 18 with spokes but no hub. The pair cost me $150. Went on ADV put out a search for a hub and "Dirtmongrol' sold me a complete yz19" rear wheel including brand new Dunlop , 49sprocket and rotor for $75. Used the hub off that rim and had a complete third set for $225.