YZ wheels on a 2012 WR 450?

Hi Guys,

I've got a 2012 WR 450 with factory wheels. I'm in process of making it street legal and want to have a set of street tires/wheels and also an offroad set.

I know  a guy who is parting out his 2006 YZ and considering buying his wheels. Will his wheels fit on my WR? What info do I need to gather from him on his wheels?

Cheers

The yz front rim doesn't have an application for your digital display/speedometer/odometer. The rear wheel on the YZ is a 19, the WR is an 18.  But the YZ wheels will work on the WR.

The yz front rim doesn't have an application for your digital display/speedometer/odometer. The rear wheel on the YZ is a 19, the WR is an 18.  But the YZ wheels will work on the WR.

So It sounds like I'm out of luck for a straight switch over. I was hoping they would be the same setup as the WR. I hear that to purchase a new set of wheels for a WR costs a small fortune. Anybody got a approximate cost for the entire wheel, spokes, hub and cogs front and back ?

You could get the yz wheels and the coin u save on a new set for the wr u could buy a trail vapor speedo or the GPS one and convert both wheel sets over to the magnet pick up for the speedo. Just a thought.

So It sounds like I'm out of luck for a straight switch over. I was hoping they would be the same setup as the WR. I hear that to purchase a new set of wheels for a WR costs a small fortune. Anybody got a approximate cost for the entire wheel, spokes, hub and cogs front and back ?

Found a set off a 2013 wr450 on ' zoomthe list.com'  for 400.00 with tires that were never used. Had to buy rotors and sprockets for another $120.00. buying new sprockets was no big deal because I changed gearing for my street set anyway. Through word of mouth I scored a third set for my spikes. The front rim was off a yz so I lose my speedo. The rear rim was an 18 with spokes but no hub. The pair cost me $150. Went on ADV put out a search for a hub and "Dirtmongrol' sold me a complete yz19" rear wheel including brand new Dunlop, 49sprocket and rotor for $75. Used the hub off that rim and had a complete third set for $225.