Intro

Dang that is a bike that has been severely neglected. Nice to see you bringing her back to life.

Thanks Weekend Rider, don't know why neglect bike like this. But I love doing rebuilds and mods. You never get ones money back but sure is rewarding for me.

Rebuild has been very slow as our exchange rate has been a killer, but been all worth it so far. New rims, brakes and body work in storage until I can afford new radiators and guards as the old ones are beyond repair.

Just need to get larger fuel tank and have the forks and rear shock rebuilt to suit my riding style and unique physique.

DSC_0729.JPG

DSC_0730.JPG

Starting to make real progress, Few things still to be carried out, but very happy with the results so far.

1457785021217.jpg

DSC_0208.JPG

DSC_0209.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0220.JPG

Wow, this has to be the slowest build in history.

The work looks good and you will be happy with the finished product... if you ever finish it that is.

Wow, this has to be the slowest build in history.

The work looks good and you will be happy with the finished product... if you ever finish it that is.

Believe me, it will be finished, but a lot of other projects on at the same time. My Busa, the house, my child tends to take all my money. Only when I have spare change do I use it on the WR.

So fitted new radiators, had the carb ultrasonic cleaned, checked and fitted Zipty fuel screw, pipes and orings, filled up with oil, water and antifreeze, new plug and rigged up a bottle for fuel and connected battery. Tried to start, but just cranks over and back fires, checked timing - all good, getting spark - check, getting fuel - yes, checked connectors but still refuses to start, seems to back fire both through carb and exhaust, decided to pull carb and go through again, all with in spec, at a loss what else could be wrong.  Any ideas? 

DSC_4860.JPG

DSC_4865.JPG

That's awesome to see another bike brought back from the dead

Some more pictures, new seat cover on its way from Nithrone. New Radiator covers and hand guards still be fitted. Waiting for the headlamp on order. Only the forks and shock to be fully rebuilt still, with maybe with stiffer springs due to extra weight of tank and my kitted weight. Just looking at options at the moment. Last will be sticker kit. Almost done. :)

DSC_0237.JPG

DSC_0238.JPG

So finally finished her up.

DSC_0368.JPG