rear fender swap wr450 & yz450

hey I was wondering if I could put a fender without a taillight on my 2004 wr450 dirt bike. I wanted to know if a yz450 rear fender would fit without major modifications. if not, would a newer year of wr450 rear fender fit my bike. just looking to swap it out.

hey I was wondering if I could put a fender without a taillight on my 2004 wr450 dirt bike. I wanted to know if a yz450 rear fender would fit without major modifications. if not, would a newer year of wr450 rear fender fit my bike. just looking to swap it out.

I know UFO makes a plastic swap kit for 2 strokes around that year. I'm not sure, but I think the plastics were the same 2 stroke 4 stroke for that years. 

I just replaced my stocker with the Acerbis yz450 fender. No modifications needed bolted right on! Go for it!

The WR450F has a boil over bottle. At least the 2011+s do. YZs don't have a boil off bottle.

i have an 01 wr426 and 02 yz426 and have yz plastics.you will need to trim an inch or 2 of plastic on inside for the overflow bottle.easy with a box cutter.

As I have looked into it, you have to buy a YZ fender a year behind the WR year  example:  I have an 06 WR so I would have to buy a 05 YZ fender.   I just purchased the UFO WR fender with the light... it is nice, looks more like the 07+ fender and doesnt have the big light on top but still has the brake light which I like for all the late hr trail riding we do.

thanks guys

Anyone know what the weight difference was between the stock WR Fender and the replacement ?

Anyone know what the weight difference was between the stock WR Fender and the replacement ?

Exact numbers, no. But the weight difference is quite dramatic.

What would your guess be ?   1 pound ?  2 pounds ?

Edited by still2smokin

My guess is 2 cheese burgers +/- small fries .