HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holden450

rear fender swap wr450 & yz450

13 posts in this topic

hey I was wondering if I could put a fender without a taillight on my 2004 wr450 dirt bike. I wanted to know if a yz450 rear fender would fit without major modifications. if not, would a newer year of wr450 rear fender fit my bike. just looking to swap it out.

hey I was wondering if I could put a fender without a taillight on my 2004 wr450 dirt bike. I wanted to know if a yz450 rear fender would fit without major modifications. if not, would a newer year of wr450 rear fender fit my bike. just looking to swap it out.

I know UFO makes a plastic swap kit for 2 strokes around that year. I'm not sure, but I think the plastics were the same 2 stroke 4 stroke for that years. 

i have an 01 wr426 and 02 yz426 and have yz plastics.you will need to trim an inch or 2 of plastic on inside for the overflow bottle.easy with a box cutter.

As I have looked into it, you have to buy a YZ fender a year behind the WR year  example:  I have an 06 WR so I would have to buy a 05 YZ fender.   I just purchased the UFO WR fender with the light... it is nice, looks more like the 07+ fender and doesnt have the big light on top but still has the brake light which I like for all the late hr trail riding we do.

Anyone know what the weight difference was between the stock WR Fender and the replacement ?

Exact numbers, no. But the weight difference is quite dramatic.