HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G-BRO

How freely should my motor spin?

4 posts in this topic

Just rebuilt the top end of my 01 426. How freely should the engine rotate when I turn it over over manually with a socket? There is some resistance during a portion of it, but I'm sure that is a good thing (compression stroke I'm guessing?) It doesnt feel like anything is binding but there is some resistance and I'm not sure what is acceptable. Thanks

Just rebuilt the top end of my 01 426. How freely should the engine rotate when I turn it over over manually with a socket? There is some resistance during a portion of it, but I'm sure that is a good thing (compression stroke I'm guessing?) It doesnt feel like anything is binding but there is some resistance and I'm not sure what is acceptable. Thanks

It should spin easy then hit a tight spot which is compression and the loosen and repeat

Ok that sounds about right. Seems like it is tighter during the compression stroke than it was before the rebuild. Guess that would be a good thing

Ok that sounds about right. Seems like it is tighter during the compression stroke than it was before the rebuild. Guess that would be a good thing

That's a VERY goo thing means that the compression is back up in pressure :)