HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
5270ADVRIDER

New 2013 WR450F Merry Christmas To Me!

37 posts in this topic

I sold my 2011 YZ250F last week and was regreting it until today. There's a new 2013 WR450F setting in the stable! PIcked up the GYTR muffler insert and the compition ECU. I plan on adding Devol radiator guards and a set of Moose Racing handguards. After that, just a few items to make it street legal and I'm good..........I think?      At times, working at a dealership can be a problem! LOL 

Can't wait to hit the trails!!!

WR450F.JPG

You'll love it.  Got mine at Thanksgiving but just rode it for the 1st time last weekend.  No regrets.  After you put the FMF on, get the Power Tuner and run the FMF map!!!  Incredible improvement.

My brother just picked up the same bike. He just bought the comp ECU and FMF pipe. Would he need to adjust the ECU still to compensate for the pipe?

I only picked up the GYTR insert for the stock pipe. I'll most likely pick up the FMF Q4 next summer.

As for adjustments; from what I've read this bike comes alive with a TLC on the ECU. We (Yamaha dealer where I work) have no experience with this particular model, but we're (I mean me) really looking forward to tuning with this bike.

It will run ok with the FMF and new ECU but the bottom end will be dull. Get the power tuner and send the FMF map to the new ECU. The low end comes alive!!!

It will run ok with the FMF and new ECU but the bottom end will be dull. Get the power tuner and send the FMF map to the new ECU. The low end comes alive!!!

I thought the opposite was true. I rode mine for a day with the FMF and the comp ECU not tuned (all zeros) and it felt like an MX bike. Huge hit right off the bottom and super aggressive everywhere. Would be fun in the dez or on a track, but not in tight woods, finding traction was a chore. After putting in the FMF map the hit settled way down and it made the whole powerband more linear. Much more manageable, but still way more power than stock.

I thought the opposite was true. I rode mine for a day with the FMF and the comp ECU not tuned (all zeros) and it felt like an MX bike. Huge hit right off the bottom and super aggressive everywhere. Would be fun in the dez or on a track, but not in tight woods, finding traction was a chore. After putting in the FMF map the hit settled way down and it made the whole powerband more linear. Much more manageable, but still way more power than stock.

This was my experience as well....Zero map is the most agressive map I've tried.

I've only tried two maps, the Aussie and FMF.  Aussie map is weak on the bottom.  FMF is lively.  I will have to try the stock map.  FMF map is working good in the woods.

Nice!!! My buddy got a new one, too, unfortunately his riding area is covered in ice. He has it inside the foyer, motor running and is "riding" it feet at a time. His wife is about to kill him.

Nice!!! My buddy got a new one, too, unfortunately his riding area is covered in ice. He has it inside the foyer, motor running and is "riding" it feet at a time. His wife is about to kill him.

That sounds like something I would do. Hey, the tires are clean and it doesn't leak anything, so...

Just bought a 12 WR after selling my 08 yz450 and a wr250r. Love my wr450. Love it. Better then both my previous bikes. Put a WA plate on mine and now it is the PERFECT do everything bike.

1388027117492.jpg

I sold my 2011 YZ250F last week and was regreting it until today. There's a new 2013 WR450F setting in the stable! PIcked up the GYTR muffler insert and the compition ECU. I plan on adding Devol radiator guards and a set of Moose Racing handguards. After that, just a few items to make it street legal and I'm good..........I think?      At times, working at a dealership can be a problem! LOL 

Can't wait to hit the trails!!!

Congrats, that's an awesome bike. 

I got a 2013 for Xmas as well. I road it around yesterday on the icy driveway. I can tell already in .5 miles I'm gonna love this bike. Gonna go stud it up today and then I can really ride it around.

I got a ttr50 for my son as well. It was a good xmas

1 person likes this