Hello! Troll alert

Thought I'd introduce myself and let everyone know im trolling around in here sponging up your informations.

My name is Jeff,  I just picked up this Gem on Sunday for a Measly $2500  (i thought it was a great deal idk if it really was)

It is a 06 WR450 with 347 original miles second owner;  Owner put the fully GYT-R Exhaust, New Renthal Fatbars, Better intake filter, Jets and associated pilots as well as has already done all the "free" mods.

Im looking forward to making it mine starting with a stronger springs (I'm a big Guy 6'3"  well over 250 haha) also going to put a Seat Concepts seat and a UFO rear fender to make it look more like the 07 up rear... I also before riding season want to pull the bearings and change/ regrease them as I see that is a problem area on these even when ridden very little.

Sooo heres a picture,  I wont post much mostly getting info but as I learn how its done propper I may interject my .02. 

1471840_10202795344427620_662027150_n.jp

• Like 1

Welcome!

Looks like you got a great deal.

Do an oil change. Carefully check the filter on the bottom of the oil tank, just to ensure it is clear. Most rarely do and often there is manufacturing jit on the screen.

If you did not get the owners manual, you can D/L it for free from Yamaha.

Thanks for the tips... I actually work with the guy that I got it from sooo  he filled me in on everything as well as did the oil change before I got it (since its a beotch) he also put a new rear tire on and a new O ring chain.  I have the Manual and ALL of the stock parts.  including the AIS factory jets factory bars and risers as well as factory exhaust that looks brand new haha. 

Sorry, you don't qualify as a Troll.

Post up some half truths and impossible scenarios first.

Please read the Pinned posts at the top of the forum regarding:

- bog

- oil filter removal

- AIS

- jetting

- gray wire

- etc

I have been reading and fortunatly every one of these things have already been done.

I would recommend going with:

.54 front springs

6.3 rear springs

Smart performance or Race Tech revalving

BRP 'submount' bar risers and Scotts steering damper

Guts racing tall/firm seat

Thats the plan...  Question, where does one buy a Guts seat?  I googled it and could not find a Tall seat in the selections for the WR450 and it only goes down to 2007.  Any help is much appreciated.