Brand new motor, red hot header.....

Okay so i know a lot of you will say this is normal, but i am a little scared just because its a new motor, we started it up and let it run for like 1 minute, maybe slightly longer, and the header was RED and smoking..... and not like faint glow it was like as bright as the sun and we were in a very bright shop, carb is 2 turns out right now...... Any ideas? Im gonna try and richen it up and start it again and see what happens

Okay so i know a lot of you will say this is normal, but i am a little scared just because its a new motor, we started it up and let it run for like 1 minute, maybe slightly longer, and the header was RED and smoking..... and not like faint glow it was like as bright as the sun and we were in a very bright shop, carb is 2 turns out right now...... Any ideas? Im gonna try and richen it up and start it again and see what happens

sounds lean, yes you should probably richen it up . . . of course the jetting your bike was using during a warm up is low-speed jetting . . . pilot jet mainly.

So, it still might be jetted correctly for more wide-open throttle, but to be safe, besides a richer pilot you could raise the needle one clip position for more fuel flow.

Don't worry about it... you'll find out if you're too lean on the bottom end if you get a lot of popping on deceleration (closed throttle). We run into that when we're riding in early Spring and late Fall with the cooler temps, going up one size on the pilot jet fixes it.

If your bike isn't popping excessively, you're just fine..

mine does that dw

That does seem a little excessive. I stopped warming my 2012 up standing still.i let it run for maybe 30 seconds and then ride easy for a few minutes. But my header wouldn't glow after 2 minutes. I don't think think your crazy for looking into it. I have 24 hours on bike and have never boiled over and race And trail ride. I'm pretty confident I could let my bike run for 5 min from a cold start. Though I think it's totally uncalled for.