Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alb84

Need help with 07 wr450

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a 2007 wr450 aluminium frame as a second/winter bike.

Only ever had sportbikes before so have no idea about these bikes.

First couple of things I can't find the answer to is will a slip on exhaust from the 06 steel frame bikes fit my 07 with ally frame?

And

I'm going to do a oil change at the weekend and want to know if I can use the same oil I use for my R1?

I use silkolene comp 4 in the r1, it has all the right specifications that the manual states for oil but I haven't found anyone recommending comp 4 for a wr so thought I'd check.

Appreciate any help

Hi everyone,

First couple of things I can't find the answer to is will a slip on exhaust from the 06 steel frame bikes fit my 07 with ally frame?

And

I'm going to do a oil change at the weekend and want to know if I can use the same oil I use for my R1?

I use silkolene comp 4 in the r1, it has all the right specifications that the manual states for oil but I haven't found anyone recommending comp 4 for a wr so thought I'd check.

Appreciate any help

Any good quality motor oil will suffice so yes, the Silkoline will be fine....not sure about the pipe. Have fun

Hi everyone,

And

Appreciate any help

The pipe will fit, but the mount at the mid pipe will be in the wrong place. You can fabricate your own mount/clamp around the subframe if the pipe is a total deal. You can even do it with plumber strap.