HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hagen505

IMS tank colors. Black?

3 posts in this topic

I have been looking for a plastic tank for my 650L. I have been doing a lot of research on the tanks, and I have always seen the tanks in either white, natural, or red. I was just on the IMS site and they have a listing for a bunch of colors, including blue and even black. This got me thinking how cool a totally black L would look. Has anyone seen a black tank on a 650L? does it look good?

A guy over at XRLUG (the Yahoo group dedicated to the xr650L) has a picture of his bike in the photo section with a black IMS tank and black side panels. Looks pretty good to me. I've painted my side panels black with Krylon fusion paint, and I have the red IMS tank. (I hated the white side panels).

I'm in process of doing a motard conversion on my L, and changing it to black at the same time. I have a UFO "Ray" headlight that was originally black. I painted it and the side panels black with Krylon Fusion, and have ordered a black 4 gallon Clarke tank, black Maier front supermoto fender, black Maier MX rear fender, and black Maier handguards. I'll post pics when it's done. Should be within the next couple weeks.

I decided to go with silver Excel 17" rims instead of black though. I think the black rims would have been just too much.