Paris Dakar tonight on speed channel at 9 pm est

Its the 7th day, and there are 3 XR400's in front of the first Dakar BRP--in 52nd place!!!!!! :D

Whats up with that? ?

Harden is up to 13th place. Not bad for an overweight middle aged guy who hasnt raced a major race since Reagan was in office!!!!

Roesler must have had some problems- he's like 45 minutes off the leaders now - :D

What a race. What a freakin race. Dakar is the ultimate expression of mankind. Just incredible what those guys are doing--imagine it - today they are racing over 700 miles after a week of anxiety and cold and hundreds of miles already! Awesome. Other than polar exploration-or maybe big wall free climbing, ok--throw in solo around-the-world boat racing- other than that--it just doesnt get any more hard core. OK maybe hunting down Taliban on mules with the US Special Forces...hmmm, wouldnt that be cool. Maybe pay some adventure tour company $10,000 and ya get to go hunting in South Waziristan for Taliban....hmmm, ok way off topic here...only two more hours until the Dakar is on Speedvision!

Why is the fastest BRP in 52nd place?! What kind of steering dampner does he have?!

Why is the fastest BRP in 52nd place?!

The first problem is all those XR650R's are being run on diesel #1. The second problem is they're all running 13/65 gearing and can only top out at 66 MPH. The third problem is that these are all Motard conversions with the wrong tires, etc. The list just goes on, but I think they're doing pretty well considering ?

I guess were all lucky there's not a XR100 ahead of all the XR650R's or we'd really be shamed :D

As always, a good rider on a slow bike is faster than a bad rider on a fast bike :D

Good coverage at ktm.at and ktmusa.com

Sounds like this last stage was hell. Lots of bikes riding thru the night crossing 80 miles of non-stop 75' sand dunes!

Can you imagine going up and down 300 sand dunes on a 400lb dirt bike at night after riding 300 miles? Insane.

Roesler got lost-Harden looks fat-but he's doin great!

They run 16-45 gearing. And that is no joke! If a BRP could pull that-they would be up there in the 120+ mph range...

I heard Scott Harden crashed hard and broke his leg ? - he was really doing well. It'll be interesting to see if Krause turns it up a bit. For sure Roesler will. :D

Paris Dakar is the greatest expression of mankind.

-Mike

My favorite part so far was on today, and it doesn't even involve a BRP!

A French driven car got stuck in some sand and when the helpful bystanders helped push, one of them accidentally hit the engine fire extinguisher button :D. Dry-chem wafting from under the hood and a dead engine :D!

Watching that smelly, cheese eating surrender monkey get out of the car to lift the hood while swearing in French :D made my day ?.