HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt_W

Best place/price to buy Pro-Tapers ?

1 post in this topic

I hauled in some nice Christmas loot, and I think I'm going to treat myself to a set of Pro-Taper bars. Does anyone have any insight on where I can get the best price on them ? I will also need to buy the universal bar mounts, since neither my 426 nor my 250's triple clamps have removeable bar mounts. I've seen a couple catalog places offer the Pro-Taper "Kit" that comes with the bars, mounts and pad.

I'm also looking for recommendations on what type of bend/sweep to buy. I'm a pretty short rider, yet I am always leaning over while standing up on the bike. I need bars that are rather tall, but of course I don't want to end up with a pair of Harley Davidson low riders either.

I am also considering the TAG T2 bars as an option. They look to be the same type of bar and are a little bit cheaper, but I have no idea how their quality compares to the Pro-Tapers. Can anyone provide me some opinions on the TAG vs. Pro-Tapers ?