HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dem0nk1d

Xt 350 Stator

13 posts in this topic

I've looked and looked for an aftermarket stator for the Xt 350 cannot find anything.  I'm getting low readings on my stator and pulser.

Ebay or Craigslist for a used ...

FYI : it's not a stator . Yamaha calls it a generator .

If you have a 1990 model , ther are 3 coils under the rotor / flywheel . The source coil ( # 2 - COIL SOURCE 2
30X-85512-00-00  ) is still available from Yamaha .

380_generator.gif

That's correct I'll have to order #2 and #5.  I will wait for the weather to warm to do another test on the components.  It's possible I could be getting false readings last night.  The manual states you should test the pulser and coil above 68F.  I was really thinking about ordering a used 'generator' from ebay, but it would be an epic failure if the new, used one came under specs.

This could be another factor why my bike is not making any power over 5k.  I mean the carb is clean as can be, and tested with propane for leaks, nothing changed idle.  I have a bunch of misc parts coming in, like a new uni-filter for the air box.

You might try placing the pickup coil ( #5 ) as close as possible to the rotor without touching . Hopefully in the .012" range .

The tighter the gap , the more defined ( better ) the spark .

Uneven or too much gap can cause erratic performance . Logically , more so at higher RPMs .

You should also insure that ALL electrical connections , including frame grounds , are clean and TIGHT . Loose and or dirty connections = resistance .

Here's a source I generally use for more reasonably priced parts :

http://www.partspitstop.com/oemparts/c/yamaha/parts

Edited by pd350

by trying to move the part closer to the flywheel / rotor it will still not be in the OHM range listed in the manual.

Correct . The position of the pickup coil wouldn't change it's resistance , only it's end performance .

We have the pulsar coil for $39 and can rewind the source coil for $75

RickyStator,

Actually i was checking out your website this morning.  Didn't find this info but great to know.  If when i get home and the adjustments are out of spec I will be contacting you directly.  This is awesome news.  You just made my day better at work today with this news! 

So do i send in the whole core, or just the Source Coil?

Ricky,

Too funny you’re up the hill from me.  I’m out in Mira Mesa.  Maybe it would be best to just drive over there if you have a store front.  I’m still waiting on the mag puller.  Hopefully it comes in the mail ASAP!

We have the pulsar coil for $39 and can rewind the source coil for $75

I personaly have put a Ricky stator in a XR600r and can recomend them they do good work.

1 person likes this

I personaly have put a Ricky stator in a XR600r and can recomend them they do good work.

That's great to know waiting on my mag puller, also like to keep the business local if possibly!