Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KuilaWR450f

07 wr450 not starting

6 posts in this topic

Hey all. I was riding my My 07 wr450 when it all of a sudden spluttered then stalled. Went to use the e start but no ignition light were on and the e start did nothing, no sound or anything. I kicked and kicked having no luck at all. It did the same thing the day before but fired straight after. Help, I need to get back to the trail!

Just had a full service and the me me habit said it was good. Only thing is it had a very weak battery if that died would it cause this to happen, even to not kickstart?

Just had a full service and the me me habit said it was good. Only thing is it had a very weak battery if that died would it cause this to happen, even to not kickstart?

yes

Battery must be present and working to start.

1 person likes this

I have seen this problem come up several times before and I still am a little perplexed.  The bikes with which I am familiar, i.e. several KTM's and a Beta , will still kickstart without a battery so I guess that Yamaha 's must be set up differently.

I have seen this problem come up several times before and I still am a little perplexed.  The bikes with which I am familiar, i.e. several KTM's and a Beta , will still kickstart without a battery so I guess that Yamaha 's must be set up differently.

You would need to install a battery eliminator device to have it run without the battery.

Same on all Japanese enduro's.