07 wr450 not starting

Hey all. I was riding my My 07 wr450 when it all of a sudden spluttered then stalled. Went to use the e start but no ignition light were on and the e start did nothing, no sound or anything. I kicked and kicked having no luck at all. It did the same thing the day before but fired straight after. Help, I need to get back to the trail!

Have you been maintaining the bike per the service manual?

Just had a full service and the me me habit said it was good. Only thing is it had a very weak battery if that died would it cause this to happen, even to not kickstart?

Just had a full service and the me me habit said it was good. Only thing is it had a very weak battery if that died would it cause this to happen, even to not kickstart?

yes

Battery must be present and working to start.

I have seen this problem come up several times before and I still am a little perplexed.  The bikes with which I am familiar, i.e. several KTM's and a Beta, will still kickstart without a battery so I guess that Yamaha's must be set up differently.

I have seen this problem come up several times before and I still am a little perplexed.  The bikes with which I am familiar, i.e. several KTM's and a Beta, will still kickstart without a battery so I guess that Yamaha's must be set up differently.

You would need to install a battery eliminator device to have it run without the battery.

Same on all Japanese enduro's.