Most aggressive cdi map

What year yz450f had the most aggressive cdi map? By aggressive, im talking about bottom end grunt or snap, i really like an aggressive bottom end

I know the 03 - 09 bikes all have different maps, but what year had the absolute gnarliest down low? I have a feeling its between the 03 and 04 from what ive read online, but dont know for sure... Ps, the cdi will be going on an 06 yz450f

Edited by Yammer-Hammer

HAHAHA thats funny because the 06 CDI map is the gnarliest. No other map is as good as that years map

HAHAHA thats funny because the 06 CDI map is the gnarliest. No other map is as good as that years map

You've never ridden an '03-'04, have you?

Nope but i heard that there engines or mapping where not nearly as good as 06 and up years. I just bought an 06 cdi to help fix my 09 weak bottom end

The '06 has a better power curve, IMO.  No argument on that point.  It pulls hard off the bottom and revs better than the '03-'04.  Some of that is the CDI and some is the exhaust cam.  But the '03 was like riding a bike with a big-block Chevy in it.  Instantaneous, massive blast of low-mid range to the point where it was difficult to manage.  Gave the bike a bad rep, in fact.  I very much prefer the '06, and I agree it's the best overall for all-around use, but if grunt was all you were concerned with, the '03 was the champ.

A 'tuned'  04 is pretty grunty. I wouldn't want to ride ours on the dirt. That's assuming it is running the standard map.

good to know, very interesting 

my friends '04 is one gnarly mofo