06 yz450f reliability?

Driveways, manhole covers, and sundials are more reliable, but that's about it.

There were very few "issues" that ever really came up with the '06.  One was an apparently small batch of bad bearings on the roller end of the shift indexing lever under the clutch.  Only a few were affected, and it never amounted to a major problem.

Use a good oil, change it often, and keep the air filter fresh, timing chain once a year.  In 300 hours, I used a piston, rings, one valve adjustment, and the center intake valve.  Still runs strong.

My 06 was very reliable. I had to replace the water pump seal twice (I replaced the water pump shaft and bearing the second time as well), but I have had the water pump seal go bad on many bikes I have owned. Other than that it was rock solid.

Ive got an 07 ive had it since 2009 and had no problems with it im onto my second top end rebuild because I ride it hard but dependant on how you ride they can last for years if they are well maintained ie oil changed every so often

My friend has on 08 and he doesnt smash it like I do and he hasnt had to rebuild it and his runs fine no smoke or anything and its all stock so id say there pretty reliable bikes.