Which flywheel weight to get

My 09 has an exhaust and 06 CDI and the bike is still tricky to ride in the slow, technical stuff. I dont want an auto clutch, and I dont really want to gear it down either... I know those would help a ton but I prefer a clutch and the ability to go very fast through the desert. I do every type of riding, mainly in the CA deserts.

How much do flywheel weights help in technical riding.. is it a big difference? It would be nice if it can make the bike noticeably more "chuggable" at low RPM and reduce wheel spin everywhere. Which one or what weight works the best all around?

I plan on doing the WR gear swap sometime as well, but until then are there any "low end" cams that make a big difference? What about clutch mods (other than a rekluse) that I would benefit from, so I wouldnt have to feather the clutch so damn much in the slow stuff?

The heavy GYT-R weight (+9 ounce)

Ok... For comparison, how much heavier is the flywheel in the newer WR?

+9 , its like a whole new bike. just did mine

Ok... For comparison, how much heavier is the flywheel in the newer WR?

They aren't comparable in any way.  The WR is so much larger in diameter that it would have a greater inertia mass even if it weighed a quarter as much.

You could calculate the comparative effects of the two, but it would involve quite a bit of measurement and analysis.

I've got the 9oz GYTR flywheel on my 09 with a rekluse pro z start & it's amazing for the slow stuff. We rode this weekend & it had been raining for 2 days & misty while we rode allday. We were riding in north Georgia & it's real rocky, rooty, rutty & tight in a lot of places. The bike hooked up so good & lugged very well. I was able to ride in a higher gear allday with no issues, no arm pump, nothing. I felt like I was riding my old 250x just because it felt so light & easy to ride. It just chugged along. Both of those make a 450 so smooth & tractable. I was very surprised at how good the bike hooked up. I normally steer with the blackend, but this bike hooks up so well, I'm very happy with the set-up.

I also just installed the 9 ounce on my '09 and although I ride mx only I absolutely love the low end grunt and how it chugs out of slower corners.  Also I haven't done it yet, but I've heard the '06 exhaust cam helps even more with low end.  But I think Grey can address that better if he chimes in.

I also just installed the 9 ounce on my '09 and although I ride mx only I absolutely love the low end grunt and how it chugs out of slower corners. Also I haven't done it yet, but I've heard the '06 exhaust cam helps even more with low end. But I think Grey can address that better if he chimes in.

06 exhaust cam huh?

Gray, how & why is that better? I've seen the 06 CDI a lot of guys are putting on theirs to, what's that all about? Why is it better than the 09s?

Don't know the technical specs like Grey will know, but I would think it will have to do with cam lobe angle and/or separation as compared to the '09 cam profile.  Again I haven't done it, but probably will at some future point.