These forks!?! 2014 YZ450...

Hi,

Is it possible to remove 2-3 chims from the compression basevalve and add it to the rebound stack? Is it the same size?

Edited by YZ450F2014

That depends on which shims.  Both stacks have the same inside diameter, but the face shims are a much different size.  Not all of the harshness of the compression stroke is related to the compression valve, anyway, as the mid valve comes into play as well.   It would be pretty unusual to end up doing what you suggest, because the rebound face shims are 20mm, while the base valve is 32mm.  There's only one 20 in the base valve, and it's way up the stack, so you'd not likely remove that one anyway. 

Grey im changing my springs (stiffer) if u can believe that ,what would u recommend for fork oil height and brand

A simple dont care to answer would have been nice ....

A simple dont care to answer would have been nice ....

Yeah, what a jerk. How dare he occupy his time with something other than immediately responding to every single post made on this website. 

I can give you the solution to get it right. To make the bike work you have to make changes front and rear.

Yeah, what a jerk. How dare he occupy his time with something other than immediately responding to every single post made on this website.

That was posted a month ago no big deal i just see post after post with almost spot on response time sorry for the rant ive already got it set up thanks Edited by crf917rider

That was posted a month ago

May 22nd was 8 days ago.

Lol