motoxjeff

2014-17 YZ450F Picture thread! Share yours!

477 posts in this topic

Here's mine

The only thing I have put on is a Pro Circuit lowering link, GYTR fill cap, and magnetic drain plug. Oh and the stopper assembly for piece of mind.

Stopper assembly?

Stopper assembly?

A lot of 250's had the shift stopper bearing outer race break and have the metal balls in their bottom end. The 14' 450's have the same part number as the 250. I have NOT heard of a 450's breaking but I wasn't going to find out. For the 2015 yamaha put the replacement I now have in mine with a bushing rather than a bearing.

A lot of 250's had the shift stopper bearing outer race break and have the metal balls in their bottom end. The 14' 450's have the same part number as the 250. I have NOT heard of a 450's breaking but I wasn't going to find out. For the 2015 yamaha put the replacement I now have in mine with a bushing rather than a bearing.

Thanks for the info! I only knew about the water pump on the 250s going out.

Thanks for the info! I only knew about the water pump on the 250s going out.

I have seen the water pump issue come many times. A lot of word was going around that our bikes might have the same impeller. I do not believe this ended up being the case but I have not removed mine to know 100%.

I have seen the water pump issue come many times. A lot of word was going around that our bikes might have the same impeller. I do not believe this ended up being the case but I have not removed mine to know 100%.

for the 14' 450's water impeller part number is different than the 250's but they do share the same part number for the stopper assembly. Edited by yzUSMCf
1 person likes this

Just a quick Instagram pic from after a ride the other day after I washed her up.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412207190.662459.jpg

And after an oil change today I remember people posting about relocating their gas vent hose so I went ahead and did it. Looks soo much cleaner

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412207317.544992.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412207341.812078.jpg

2 people like this

Wow that's a fair few hours I've only got 9.8 on mine lol with the breather relocation thing is it done just how it looks like you just still a hole in either side of the airbox cover?? Use it annoying when refueling do you have to disconnect it from the fuel cap??

I just pull mine through the air box a little while re fueling and it doesn't bug me

Something to do this weekend

18C5626B-834B-4C11-9E22-A1E97A3D5E2D_zps

I've been looking at these for a while now, I'll be curious to know if it eliminates the clutch drag. It would be awesome if these bikes could be started in gear! Please let us know after you get some time on it. Have fun! Edited by drtrcr400

I've been looking at these (clutches) for a while now, I'll be curious to know if it eliminates the clutch drag. It would be awesome if these bikes could be started in gear! Please let us know after you get some time on it. Have fun!

You understand that the TorqDrive Core is a manual clutch, correct?  If you were wondering if the Rekluse auto clutch would reduce clutch drag, it doesn't.  Brand new clutch plates do, though.  As far as the TorqDrive is concerned, the only thing really different about it and the stock clutch, aside from the billet parts, is the fact that it uses a 12 & 12 plate stack, instead of the stock 8 & 7.  Since clutch drag is caused by the plates dragging against one another, I'd be very surprised to find out that particular clutch had less of it.  But, who knows?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CallMeAnsel
      I just finished adjusting the rear sag on my Yz450f, but I'm not sure about one thing. I lowered the bike a few inches and I noticed that the spring feels loose when the bike is on the stand. I'm able to freely move the spring around when the bike is on the stand, yet when the bike is off the stand the spring doesn't move at all. I now feel comfortable, but did I lower the bike too much? Is this normal? Should I raise the bike to add some tension in the spring? Thanks for any advice.
    • By MotoXRacer_19
      I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. My 2010 KTM 250 XC won't stop peeing coolant out of the overflow tube. I've used 3 different radiator caps (two of the oem 1.8 bar caps and one CV4 2.0 bar) and it still continues to pee coolant as soon as the bike starts up. I just recently bought and installed brand new radiators [GPI on eBay for $88 (the seem fine just the welds are a bit crappy and you can see inside of the tubes where the metal from the welds drooped down but there are no blocks)] and silicone hoses (profactory hoses) thinking they were the problem since the old radiators were bent in like bananas. To my dismay that was apparently not the issue. I've had everything apart and looked at. Has brand new base gaskets, head gaskets, radiators, and radiator hoses. I've bled the radiators like the manual says and there are no bubbles like air leaking into the system or being in the system. The jetting is also perfect. The only thing I haven't changed out is the oem impeller in the water pump but it looks to be in great condition. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem before it gets worse? Also, has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to fix it?
      I ride it in mostly tight 0-10 mph trails and also some 10-20 mph trails. 
    • By TheHumbleBraap
      Hello great people of thumper talk. Well I've been having some problems with my old 2002 YZ250F. I was riding a few days ago when my bike just sputtered to a stop almost like it ran out of gas. Well gas was not the problem and I couldn't get her to run she would only fire for a second then die. I found that one of my TPS wires snapped, so I figured the reason it wasn't running was because of that wire. After soldering it back together it was still doing the same thing, so I just left it for the night. When I came back the next day whilst kicking it over I noticed all of a sudden the kicker stopped. the motor was seized. I tried turning the crankshaft at the flywheel and it would not budge forward at all but it would turn backwards or clockwise, so from here I figure I'll start taking the bike apart and figure out whats locking it up. Once I removed the cylinder head I was at a surprise when I saw this relatively large piece of brass sitting on top of my piston. I was thinking where in the hell did that come from. It was getting too late for me to go any further tonight, so I figured I would post a picture on here to see if anyone can tell me what they think this piece may go to. Is it something in the crank maybe up by the valves, from the carburetor I have no idea. It just amazes me that the piece is so intact since it was sitting on top of my piston. Also after that I did try turning the crank again, and it did turn but it felt horrible. It was very clunky and it sounded like shit might be grinding in there so I stopped. Well thanks for taking a look and if you have any insight as to where that piece might have come from please let me know. Other than that I'll be breakin her down further tomorrow.
    • By fergussmyth
      Hi all,
      I have had my 1978 SR500 is storage for 13 years and over the last year I have done a base restoration but yet to do any work on the motor. The bike was running well last in use  (13 years ago). I have recently got it stated and noticed it is running extremely hot and backfiring, the idle speed also varies a fair bit. i have had the carb cleaned and put a new air filter in but both didn't seem to make a difference. would anybody have any suggestions how to fix this problem.
      would love your thoughts. cheers
    • By Lewi
      Hi all,

I'm interested in a good left hand rear brake set-up for the WR250R. Saw the OXbrake but as it uses a cable instead of a hydraulic cylinder so I heard it lacks power. 

So I'm looking at the left hand rear brake kit made by Rekluse. The problem however, is the R's rear master cylinder isn't supported. So I'm thinking I'll swap the master cylinder out for one that is, and install the kit.

So would anyone be able to tell me which of the following Yamaha rear master cylinders would be a straight swap for the R? Rekluse offers the left hand rear brake kit for all of them:

ALTERNATIVELY: I have a 2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R front brake master cylinder and lever from my wreck. What if I found a way to fit that on the bar and just ran a braided line straight to the rear brake caliper and did away with the rear brake pedal completely? Sounds crazy but could it work?

Thanks heaps in advance!