motoxjeff

2014-17 YZ450F Picture thread! Share yours!

477 posts in this topic

Here's mine

The only thing I have put on is a Pro Circuit lowering link, GYTR fill cap, and magnetic drain plug. Oh and the stopper assembly for piece of mind.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:4237]

Edited by WR450HOOLIGAN

I see your using the best hoses in the game. Motohose is top notch and Steve is the best to deal with.  

1 person likes this

I see your using the best hoses in the game. Motohose is top notch and Steve is the best to deal with.

Only one gripe: overflow hose and gas vent hose are not the right size. Maybe motohose guy will read this and send me one. I can squeeze the overflow on but not the gas.

Put on some 1/4 turn airbox fastners, hid my gas overflow tube and put in some PC per filters in the shrouds.

1408368025748.jpg

2 people like this

Put on some 1/4 turn airbox fastners, hid my gas overflow tube and put in some PC per filters in the shrouds.

I want to get the 1/4 turn fasteners and good call on the shroud filters something I want also! Didn't even thing of the hose relocation through the air box it looks good. I put on a stubbie and heated to shape it better. Also what is up with the cut out of the bar pad if I may ask?

I want to get the 1/4 turn fasteners and good call on the shroud filters something I want also! Didn't even thing of the hose relocation through the air box it looks good. I put on a stubbie and heated to shape it better. Also what is up with the cut out of the bar pad if I may ask?

I'm sure you'll get the right answer soon enough but it looks to be cut out for an hour meter, possibly a trail tech type.

Yep that's were I installed my hour/ tach! In the bar pad

1408456285107.jpg

1 person likes this

Mine is a 2015. I just picked it up last Friday. I changed out the bars and grips. And I put a Braking oversized rotor on it before I took it out for the fist ride. Lessons learned from other YZ's I've owned in the past. I'm stoked on my purchase. The bike is great! Lots of fun to ride. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408497612.096391.jpg

2 people like this

^^ Looks great. Good call on the oversized rotor, also. I'm really digging the blue version of the '15.

Just put my racing numbers on today, still waiting for my decals to arrive so more pics to follow.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408824320.190595.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408824336.006407.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408824359.208478.jpg

2 people like this

Just picked up a 2015 last week. I added a skid plate and spark arrester end cap today. I need to get my hand guards and radiator guards on and it'll be ready for the billygoat trails. Cant wait to show my buddys my "new front tire"  LOL

20140823_1445061.jpg

20140823_1445341.jpg

20140823_1445551.jpg

3 people like this

Got some good video at the track too

lake elsinore new vet track edit .14' yz450f 98' …:

3 people like this

IMG_26431.JPG

Coming from a badass 07 Honda I was a little worried during my 4 hour drive to buy the new Yamaha , had never ridden one. Bought it Saturday( 3 days ago) and already been riding 3 times. The bike is an absolute dream. Thought I may keep Honda just to have, but this thing is waaaayyyyyy better in every way. First thing I noticed was how great the suspension felt. Very predictable and comfortable. Motor is surprisingly smooth but keeps pulling in the top. No need to get very close to the rev limiter.. Absolutely blown away by her. The ONLY thing I did was lower the forks about half an inch. I weigh 160 and am 6ft.

IMG_26431.JPG

Edited by Mxracer8989