motoxjeff

2014-17 YZ450F Picture thread! Share yours!

477 posts in this topic

But does your YZF have a headlight and taillight? Muwhahahaha...

20150509_091341_zpsui1idxwq.jpg

1 person likes this

Gave my 2014 a little overhaul over the winter. Cleaned her up a bit and added some new parts

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1432075285.369349.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1432075254.302059.jpg

New parts include:

New plastics (cycra shrouds)

Factory effex jgr graphics

Factory effex rad hoses

Factory effex engine plug kit

Factory effex axle blocks

Mika metals sprockets (13/49)

Mika metals x ring gold chain

Mika metals grips

Twinair air filter

Tusk impact wheelset

Mx32 and mx52 tires (heavy duty tubes)

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1432075236.552504.jpg

Edited by ttr230rider6
2 people like this

Gave my 2014 a little overhaul over the winter. Cleaned her up a bit and added some new parts

I always liked the JGR graphics, looks good!

Got some carbon fiber sheets from vatozone for my gas tank I think it looks cool. I can already tell the bike is much faster now :lol:

1433781228725.jpg

1433781306538.jpg

Got some carbon fiber sheets from vatozone for my gas tank I think it looks cool. I can already tell the bike is much faster now :lol:

.....sooo don't do this it rubbed right off lol. So here's some more cool pics (if you can't tell I love this bike!)

1434397848912.jpg

1434397928267.jpg

.....sooo don't do this it rubbed right off lol. So here's some more cool pics (if you can't tell I love this bike!)

Where did you get the tire decals? I can never find them and the Dunlop guys say they aren't available.

Any one have a stock airbox cover they want to sell, I will gladly purchase...

Where did you get the tire decals? I can never find them and the Dunlop guys say they aren't available.

Yellow paint pen...

1 person likes this

I used a yellow paint marker. Not worth it tho unless you just want to get a few cool pics. Wears mostly off after the 1st ride.

Any one have a stock airbox cover they want to sell, I will gladly purchase...

The airbox cover is cheap from the dealer. When i asked for it they quoted at first the part number that include the cover and the air ducts, and that is a fortune. So i just bought the cover and reuse the ducts from the old cover.

The airbox cover is cheap from the dealer. When i asked for it they quoted at first the part number that include the cover and the air ducts, and that is a fortune. So i just bought the cover and reuse the ducts from the old cover.

Ya, I want both the cover and ducts

Gettin them ready for the regional

how does pro action do for you? I had pro action 15 years ago. They rebuilt my stuff at the track between not is many times. Got me very good results at big races. I haven't used them in so long I was just curious of your opinion.

I like my pro action. I have used them for several years. My guy is in southern ohio about 15 minutes from me, which helps. But it did make a noticeable improvement

2015 yz450f. Basically stock still. Exhaust and more accessory mods soon to come.

Red Label Graphics, Sunline V1 Levers and Perch, Black Spokeskins and Vintage Yellow Cycra Powerflow Plastics

20150728_073632.jpg

20150728_073642.jpg

2 people like this

She's starting to take shape, time for some blue bling now, debating wether to put acerbis hand guards on?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1438200105.065438.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1438200124.389484.jpg

Edited by Gaz929

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1441082440.591688.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1441082450.971209.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1441082463.506656.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1441082471.939869.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1441082479.806832.jpg

Here is my bike in the all white cycra kit before I slap some graphics on. Also added a motoseat black and white seat cover.Stoked on how the new plastics look and feel.

Edited by Conner_Steezel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MotoXRacer_19
      I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. My 2010 KTM 250 XC won't stop peeing coolant out of the overflow tube. I've used 3 different radiator caps (two of the oem 1.8 bar caps and one CV4 2.0 bar) and it still continues to pee coolant as soon as the bike starts up. I just recently bought and installed brand new radiators [GPI on eBay for $88 (the seem fine just the welds are a bit crappy and you can see inside of the tubes where the metal from the welds drooped down but there are no blocks)] and silicone hoses (profactory hoses) thinking they were the problem since the old radiators were bent in like bananas. To my dismay that was apparently not the issue. I've had everything apart and looked at. Has brand new base gaskets, head gaskets, radiators, and radiator hoses. I've bled the radiators like the manual says and there are no bubbles like air leaking into the system or being in the system. The jetting is also perfect. The only thing I haven't changed out is the oem impeller in the water pump but it looks to be in great condition. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem before it gets worse? Also, has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to fix it?
      I ride it in mostly tight 0-10 mph trails and also some 10-20 mph trails. 
    • By TheHumbleBraap
      Hello great people of thumper talk. Well I've been having some problems with my old 2002 YZ250F. I was riding a few days ago when my bike just sputtered to a stop almost like it ran out of gas. Well gas was not the problem and I couldn't get her to run she would only fire for a second then die. I found that one of my TPS wires snapped, so I figured the reason it wasn't running was because of that wire. After soldering it back together it was still doing the same thing, so I just left it for the night. When I came back the next day whilst kicking it over I noticed all of a sudden the kicker stopped. the motor was seized. I tried turning the crankshaft at the flywheel and it would not budge forward at all but it would turn backwards or clockwise, so from here I figure I'll start taking the bike apart and figure out whats locking it up. Once I removed the cylinder head I was at a surprise when I saw this relatively large piece of brass sitting on top of my piston. I was thinking where in the hell did that come from. It was getting too late for me to go any further tonight, so I figured I would post a picture on here to see if anyone can tell me what they think this piece may go to. Is it something in the crank maybe up by the valves, from the carburetor I have no idea. It just amazes me that the piece is so intact since it was sitting on top of my piston. Also after that I did try turning the crank again, and it did turn but it felt horrible. It was very clunky and it sounded like shit might be grinding in there so I stopped. Well thanks for taking a look and if you have any insight as to where that piece might have come from please let me know. Other than that I'll be breakin her down further tomorrow.
    • By fergussmyth
      Hi all,
      I have had my 1978 SR500 is storage for 13 years and over the last year I have done a base restoration but yet to do any work on the motor. The bike was running well last in use  (13 years ago). I have recently got it stated and noticed it is running extremely hot and backfiring, the idle speed also varies a fair bit. i have had the carb cleaned and put a new air filter in but both didn't seem to make a difference. would anybody have any suggestions how to fix this problem.
      would love your thoughts. cheers
    • By Lewi
      Hi all,

I'm interested in a good left hand rear brake set-up for the WR250R. Saw the OXbrake but as it uses a cable instead of a hydraulic cylinder so I heard it lacks power. 

So I'm looking at the left hand rear brake kit made by Rekluse. The problem however, is the R's rear master cylinder isn't supported. So I'm thinking I'll swap the master cylinder out for one that is, and install the kit.

So would anyone be able to tell me which of the following Yamaha rear master cylinders would be a straight swap for the R? Rekluse offers the left hand rear brake kit for all of them:

ALTERNATIVELY: I have a 2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R front brake master cylinder and lever from my wreck. What if I found a way to fit that on the bar and just ran a braided line straight to the rear brake caliper and did away with the rear brake pedal completely? Sounds crazy but could it work?

Thanks heaps in advance! 
    • By Brady12
      Which bike would you buy and why?
      KTM XCF 250
      Yamaha YZ250fx

thanks!