motoxjeff

2014-17 YZ450F Picture thread! Share yours!

477 posts in this topic

Watch "FULL DR.D EXHAUST SYSTEM COMPARISON 2014YZ450F FU…" on YouTube

FULL DR.D EXHAUST SYSTEM COMPARISON 2014YZ450F FU…:

Sounds great runs even better.

Video does no justice.

1 person likes this

Yep! It also has a tach that's why I put it there.

1419626458673.jpg

Edited by yzUSMCf

IMG_6415_zpsfd53aa3e.jpeg

These things were a PITA to true after plowing into rocks and changing flats, so I finally broke down and paid someone to do it. Now if I just put the those, the chain, and some brake lines back on I can ride.

Also, a heads up to any would be purchasers of TCR hubs: these things are light and well made but the tolerances…i.e. where the spoke holes are on the hub, are not on par with a company like Tallon. Not huge differences by any means, but it made it so the spokes didn't line up perfectly on one side and some of the spokes needed to be trimmed. 

Cant really complain too much because the price was right, but was expecting higher quality. 

Edited by forgotmyusername
1 person likes this

IMG_2393.jpg

Still a couple of more things to do but here she is so far. Love this bike, so much better than my 04' KX 500.

1 person likes this

Starting to accumulate a few parts for my 2014! Still got a lot of stuff to get but I'm really excited to get everything on it for the 2015 season!

Here's a pic of what I have so far

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1419956093.988207.jpg

Still got the get a new chain and sprockets, new tires and I want to get a set of tusk wheels and an oversized front brake.

Ones question for guys that got seat covers, where would I get the piece to go over the gas cap cover? I got the seat cover from factory fx but it only has the seat part and not the little piece that goes over the gas cap..

1 person likes this

Testing the 4Fatty's cornering prowess:

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

And a little sideways action:

whippin.jpg

6 people like this

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1422995260.430476.jpg Here's my baby! Got her July 2013 and could not be more happy with it. Put an FMF full system on her, hand guards, graphics and taller bars(stock were too small being that I'm 6'2). Don't really feel like anything else needs to be changed.
1 person likes this

New 14' w/mapping, o'ring chain, Fatbars, aluminum throttle, Kevlar grips, lowered subframe, Cycra shrouds, graphics and 15' updates! Come on warmer weather!

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Bermat
      Hi there,
      I just bought a Keihin FCR (I don't know if it is a 39,40 or 41mm) taken from a 2004 YZ450F motocross. I would like to know exactly whatI have to buy to make this fit on my drz, and how to know if it is a 39,40 or 41mm. Also, I would like to know which jet I should buy according to this : 500ft over sea level, 3x3 mod, MRD exhaust, KN air filter. Here are some picture of the carb.

Thank you for your help !!

• By CallMeAnsel
      I just finished adjusting the rear sag on my Yz450f, but I'm not sure about one thing. I lowered the bike a few inches and I noticed that the spring feels loose when the bike is on the stand. I'm able to freely move the spring around when the bike is on the stand, yet when the bike is off the stand the spring doesn't move at all. I now feel comfortable, but did I lower the bike too much? Is this normal? Should I raise the bike to add some tension in the spring? Thanks for any advice.
    • By MotoXRacer_19
      I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. My 2010 KTM 250 XC won't stop peeing coolant out of the overflow tube. I've used 3 different radiator caps (two of the oem 1.8 bar caps and one CV4 2.0 bar) and it still continues to pee coolant as soon as the bike starts up. I just recently bought and installed brand new radiators [GPI on eBay for $88 (the seem fine just the welds are a bit crappy and you can see inside of the tubes where the metal from the welds drooped down but there are no blocks)] and silicone hoses (profactory hoses) thinking they were the problem since the old radiators were bent in like bananas. To my dismay that was apparently not the issue. I've had everything apart and looked at. Has brand new base gaskets, head gaskets, radiators, and radiator hoses. I've bled the radiators like the manual says and there are no bubbles like air leaking into the system or being in the system. The jetting is also perfect. The only thing I haven't changed out is the oem impeller in the water pump but it looks to be in great condition. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem before it gets worse? Also, has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to fix it?
      I ride it in mostly tight 0-10 mph trails and also some 10-20 mph trails. 
    • By TheHumbleBraap
      Hello great people of thumper talk. Well I've been having some problems with my old 2002 YZ250F. I was riding a few days ago when my bike just sputtered to a stop almost like it ran out of gas. Well gas was not the problem and I couldn't get her to run she would only fire for a second then die. I found that one of my TPS wires snapped, so I figured the reason it wasn't running was because of that wire. After soldering it back together it was still doing the same thing, so I just left it for the night. When I came back the next day whilst kicking it over I noticed all of a sudden the kicker stopped. the motor was seized. I tried turning the crankshaft at the flywheel and it would not budge forward at all but it would turn backwards or clockwise, so from here I figure I'll start taking the bike apart and figure out whats locking it up. Once I removed the cylinder head I was at a surprise when I saw this relatively large piece of brass sitting on top of my piston. I was thinking where in the hell did that come from. It was getting too late for me to go any further tonight, so I figured I would post a picture on here to see if anyone can tell me what they think this piece may go to. Is it something in the crank maybe up by the valves, from the carburetor I have no idea. It just amazes me that the piece is so intact since it was sitting on top of my piston. Also after that I did try turning the crank again, and it did turn but it felt horrible. It was very clunky and it sounded like shit might be grinding in there so I stopped. Well thanks for taking a look and if you have any insight as to where that piece might have come from please let me know. Other than that I'll be breakin her down further tomorrow.
    • By fergussmyth
      Hi all,
      I have had my 1978 SR500 is storage for 13 years and over the last year I have done a base restoration but yet to do any work on the motor. The bike was running well last in use  (13 years ago). I have recently got it stated and noticed it is running extremely hot and backfiring, the idle speed also varies a fair bit. i have had the carb cleaned and put a new air filter in but both didn't seem to make a difference. would anybody have any suggestions how to fix this problem.
      would love your thoughts. cheers