2014-17 YZ450F Picture thread! Share yours!

Nice ride JCM, you are going to be amazed. If you're not running a 48 rear I highly recommend you make the change. It really smooths the bike out. I love my 15.

Really, a 48 huh?  It seems that lots of folks say to go to a 50.  What do you like about going one down on the rear sprocket rather than going one up?  Very curious about your thoughts on that.  ?

I can't wait to ride it.  I had a 2011 and liked it a lot, and know the newer bikes are much improved. 

Really, a 48 huh? It seems that lots of folks say to go to a 50. What do you like about going one down on the rear sprocket rather than going one up? Very curious about your thoughts on that. ?

I can't wait to ride it. I had a 2011 and liked it a lot, and know the newer bikes are much improved.

It settles it in the turns better and smoothes the delivery to make the bike more rideable. I've tried the 50 and while it was super responsive it seemed to rev out too fast and stand up in the corners.

It settles it in the turns better and smoothes the delivery to make the bike more rideable. I've tried the 50 and while it was super responsive it seemed to rev out too fast and stand up in the corners.

Cool, makes sense.  I'm going to put that on my list to try for sure.  I'm gonna try a few maps this weekend and see if I like any of the three I posted above, and also maybe one of the MXA smooth maps to see if I am faster with more hit or a smoother map.  I will probably be slow with either.  lol

Cool, makes sense. I'm going to put that on my list to try for sure. I'm gonna try a few maps this weekend and see if I like any of the three I posted above, and also maybe one of the MXA smooth maps to see if I am faster with more hit or a smoother map. I will probably be slow with either. lol

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1426663645.231894.jpg

I just tried this map over the weekend with a 48 rear and wow was it smooth. Consistent pull though all rpm's. I wish I had my own tuner to mess around with maps more. Looking to get one soon

• Like 1

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1426663645.231894.jpg

I just tried this map over the weekend with a 48 rear and wow was it smooth. Consistent pull though all rpm's. I wish I had my own tuner to mess around with maps more. Looking to get one soon

Awesome, I'm looking forward to trying out the MXA/Dubach map also.  Thats the same map that I got from DRD.  I read the MXA article about how MXA took Dubach's map and tweaked it to run a little bit better (for them, anyway), and I posted it in the '14-15 map thread.

I don't have a 48 rear yet, but might try the four maps that I have with the three different sprockets and see what I  unless I fall in love with something and the stock 49.  This bike is going to be so much better than what I was riding I might just be in love with it the way it sits.  lol

Edited by jcm3

I went from a 48 to a 49...I need the gearing a bit tighter for the bush and with a 48 the Rekluse was working hard in the slower stuff...

I went from a 48 to a 50, but I have a hybrid gear set (YZ 1, 2, & 3, WR 4 & 5).  My problem with the 48 was a bit different in that my goal was to make 5th more usable more often for desert racing.  Does help low speed/low gear work a bit, too.  Also using a Rekluse (Z-Start Pro).

You definitely got a tricked out bike man! Wide I could ride to to see the difference from mine lol

I know, the previous owner put some money into it, and really took good care of it!  It's definitely more bike than I need.  lol  The bike is clean in every nook and cranny.  It's got 14 hours, but looks like it's just been ridden up and down the street few times.  ?

I'm gonna be in the same boat when I sell my old KX500.  I probably have $7k into t (blew the motor, there was $3k right there), and I'll take a bit of a reaming when I sell that.  At least I was able to find a nice bike for what was a very fair price, considering what he put into it.

I know, the previous owner put some money into it, and really took good care of it! It's definitely more bike than I need. lol The bike is clean in every nook and cranny. It's got 14 hours, but looks like it's just been ridden up and down the street few times. ?

I'm gonna be in the same boat when I sell my old KX500. I probably have $7k into t (blew the motor, there was $3k right there), and I'll take a bit of a reaming when I sell that. At least I was able to find a nice bike for what was a very fair price, considering what he put into it.

mind telling how much she was??

mind telling how much she was??

$6800.  That was with the following mods or other parts thrown in:

- sweet black CACR wheels with DRD hubs and black spokes

- retro yellow plastics and Redlabel graphics

- full DRD exhast (Ti header and carbon slip on)

- Enzo suspension (still not exactly sure what mods, or if both sides were done, still checking on that)

- Applied triple clamps

- radiator hose kit

- Hinson clutch cover

- full stock exaust

- full set of stock white plastics

- GYTR tuner

It was not cheap, but it would have cost me $10k+ to do what it has done to it, so I'm very happy with the price. I'm going to sell my KX500 to recoup what I can get out of it and put it back in the bank although I know I'm going to take a similar loss on that.

• Like 1

I know, the previous owner put some money into it, and really took good care of it!  It's definitely more bike than I need.  lol  The bike is clean in every nook and cranny.  It's got 14 hours, but looks like it's just been ridden up and down the street few times.  ?

I'm gonna be in the same boat when I sell my old KX500.  I probably have $7k into t (blew the motor, there was $3k right there), and I'll take a bit of a reaming when I sell that.  At least I was able to find a nice bike for what was a very fair price, considering what he put into it.

I made the same change as you did. I sold my KX500 on Craigslist and got a few people wanting to buy it and ship it to Australia. I looked into this and found out that there's a big want for clean KX's in AUS and they are paying top dollar. You could probably sell it there and recoup most of your money. I didn't go that route because I don't have time to get it shipped and all that goes along with it. 

Here are a few new pics of the '14 that I bought last week. I took a few of my own since I used the ones from the Craigslist ad last time. The only change is to update the number plate backgrounds to my favorite, number 100. I've always liked that number since Hannah used it back in the day when he came back from the broken leg.

The only short term plans for the bike are more maintenance-related: Scotts oil filter, 2 Twin Air air filters, and I ordered a black set of ASV F3 folding levers to hopefully save me some money when I crash. lol

I am in love with this bike, and can't wait to ride it for the first time this weekend.

IMG_2165-crop_zpseep20ix5.jpg

IMG_2166-crop_zpssbaekq6r.jpg

IMG_2168-crop_zpskyshfttp.jpg

With my KX500 in the background, going to sell that one.

IMG_2170-crop_zpsuegcpjbv.jpg

a49ba153-d71c-4759-8d80-09d0b91cce5a_zps

New plates look really sweet. Awesome find JCM. I cant wait to hear back from you after you get some time on it.

I made the same change as you did. I sold my KX500 on Craigslist and got a few people wanting to buy it and ship it to Australia. I looked into this and found out that there's a big want for clean KX's in AUS and they are paying top dollar. You could probably sell it there and recoup most of your money. I didn't go that route because I don't have time to get it shipped and all that goes along with it. 

Very interesting.  I have it on Craigslist, so we'll see what happens!  http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/4943154820.html

New plates look really sweet. Awesome find JCM. I cant wait to hear back from you after you get some time on it.

Had a great time on it today.  I felt very comfortable almost immediately.  I had a few jumps where I was a bit front end low, probably getting used to compression braking again from coming off of the two stroke.  It handled great, suspension was good.  But, it was really apparent the power difference between a hopped up KX500 and a fo fiddy four stroke.  In third on the big KX I could just fan the clutch and immediately the tire was spinning and throwing roost.  Definitely not the same power with the YZ450.  Of course, it's a MUCH better bike and I wouldn't want to stay on the KX for power alone.

I loved the bike and hope to keep getting more comfortable and better on it with more seat time.  ? I'm getting to that age though where I don't want to push it too hard and get injured.  It happens.  lol

• Like 1

Here are a few new pics of the '14 that I bought last week. I took a few of my own since I used the ones from the Craigslist ad last time. The only change is to update the number plate backgrounds to my favorite, number 100. I've always liked that number since Hannah used it back in the day when he came back from the broken leg.

The only short term plans for the bike are more maintenance-related: Scotts oil filter, 2 Twin Air air filters, and I ordered a black set of ASV F3 folding levers to hopefully save me some money when I crash. lol

I am in love with this bike, and can't wait to ride it for the first time this weekend.

With my KX500 in the background, going to sell that one.

what brand is the seat cover mate I love that bike looks awesome want to make mine look like that lol
  • Like 1

Sorry for the repost, I updated my Photobucket pics a few nights ago to reorganize them and that broke the links.  Since I had a few replies I couldn't edit the original.  ?

• Like 3